I, Lyraine Alei, pledge ...
... to write
10K 20K words in the month of December.
I will be writing mostly about my Thydian Civil War in spin-off and related articles. These will be mostly geography, organizations, military conflicts, and people.
My plan is to start with the geography (locations) articles, and flip back and forth between the geography and the governing body who lays claim to the region. This is usually one of my weaker points, and a I have many of these articles to write up.
After the location and organization template articles, I will move on to the military conflicts. These are also articles I'm weaker with, so I have a low expected word count for them.
Should I find myself still short of 10K words, I will begin writing about those who are at the top of my organizations, and the people who live in those regions. I feel that writing characters and ethnicities is one of my stronger techniques, so I have a higher expected word count per article.
At any time I find myself struggling to put in words, I will remember that I have this long list, and I have no expectation to make every article over 300 words.
Priority Articles - These are marked with an * because these are articles directly tied tomy campaign and my players's actions.
Bonus Articles - These are "extra" articles that I may write about on the side, and most of the ones I am thinking of at this moment are settlements - specifically the capital cities of the regions and wherever my players wind up. I do not have a list of these, nor do I have a high word count expectation - expectation of about 51-60 words.
Other Tools - Quote boxes are extremely useful at giving me a voice to view things from and voice the topic with, but I plan to save these for when I find myself struggling to hit my goal. Excerpts and Mouseovers are also helpful to add more words into an article, and provide readers with a quick context version of the article.
WorldEmber Article List
Locations-Organizations (Expected, about 150-200 words each for a total of 5,250-7,000 words)
- Uncrowned, Thydian* and Independents, Thydian* - I expect these to be started before WE begins and were therefore not included in my word count calculations Did not finish, but will after the event
- Atemkyst Arling and Atemkyst Done
- Fjellstrand Arling and FjellstrandDone
- Capital Arling and Capital (not to be mistaken with the Alliance Challenge Regular League Finalist article Capitolist FactionDone
- Feroia and Feroian ArlingDone
- Vetheriss Arling and VetherissDone
- Felkhath Province * The Location was already written up. Done
- Norrasjo Arling* and Norrasjo* Done
- Flachsteengroeve Arling and FlachsteengroeveDone
- Jordelv Arling and JordelvDone
- Zimaskog Arling and ZimaskogDone
- Horfadal Arling and HorfadalDone
- Enjorde Arling and EnjordeDone
- Stendal Arling and StendalDone
- Ertsklif Arling and ErtsklifDone
- Alleklint Arling and AlleklintDone
- Ostufer Arling and Ostufer* (not to be mistaken for the Ostufer's Faction, which was an article submitted for the Above The Law SummerCamp 2020 Prompt)Done
- Minor Arling L and Minor Arling LDone
- Minor Arling K and Minor Arling KDone
Military Conflicts, based off Timeline Events (Expected, about 60-100 words each for a total of 1,200-2000)
- Alleklint takes Part of L
- Stendal annexes part of Alleklint
- Alle and K battle
- East Jordelv falls to Erts
- Stendal and Zimaskog battle a lot
- Horf loses land to Stend
- Border Raids on Felkhath Begin* Done
- Veth takes Western Norrasjo* Done
- Cap take East Atem
- Atemkyst and Fjellstrand are blockaded
- Horf Blackades entry to Felkhath from the East* Done
- Ost takes land from Alle
- Stend and Horf fight due to blockade
- Eastern Zimaskog is fought over
- Horf loses land to Ost
- Flach takes land from Jord
- Sten and Ert take from Alle
- Veth takes North Felkhath* Done
- Flach takes from Sten
- Erts takes from Flach
Arles and Arling-related Ethnicities (Expected, about 200-500 words each for a total of 5,600-14,000)
- Arle of Atemkyst, Atemkyst
- Arle of Fjellstrand, Fjellstrand
- Arle Magnusdotr already written, Capitolist*
- Arle Furlan already written, Feroian*
- Arle of Vetheriss , Vetheriss*
- Arle Great-Cook written, Felkhath*
- Arle Stormwatch written, Northsear*
- Arle of Flachsteengroeve,* Flechsteengroeve
- Arle of Jordelv , Jordelv *
- , *
- Arle Kerlbror already started, Ostufer *
- Former Arle Unassuming already started (SummerCamp 2020, unassuming person),
11,900 - 22800
If I have the time and find myself nearing that 19K total, I will try for 20K words. I expect more Military Conflict articles to be started up in this time, and my timeline (see History of the Thydian Civil War) has several "empty" months in history that do not have winter as an excuse.
Word count planning and estimation for this year's WorldEmber drew inspiration from observing Ademal preparing to write her Halloween Ethnis Special Event, including her own notes to herself about her writing habits.
This is a lot of articles, but I do not have expectations of writing 333+words per day in a single article.
Update: I reached 10K on the 14th of December, so I changed my goal to 20K