"I've not seen a war like this for thirty years. I was a boy in the years of the Unification Wars. My first war was the Great War. Theydim struggles to stay united, and a war is a way to maintain unity."
"This civil war has been brewing since High King Magnus the Red-Eyed warred to unify us. The Great War came in at a time where we were about to fall apart, and now he was murdered-"
"He wasn't murdered, he died of old age."
"Not many who are old just keel over dead without warning! Only Ostufer faction supporters say he died of 'old age.'"
"Magnusdotr won't be a good High King. She has ideas, but Theydim's history promises to make them fail. The larger Arling are too independent from each other. Only the small Arlings benefit, because the larger ones are basically carrying their debts and problems."
The terms of the Unification of Theydim Treaty state that an heir to the High King must be named and crowned within six years after the previous High King's death. When High King Magnus died, Tilde Magnusdotr was the named heir, but the announcement of his death was accompanied by Siegmund Kerlbror claiming he was made heir on the High King's deathbed.
Individuals supporting the Capitalists claim Magnus was murdered, while Ostufer claims his death was from natural causes due to his age.The common motives for the civil war include:
- the management of the City Guards when Magnus began reassigning guards to towns and cities they held no prior personal loyalty towards causing members within the guards to become corrupt or cruel when the original reasoning for the reassignments was to cut down on corruption and unlawful treatment of citizens.
- the creation of a Merchant Guild within Theydim - some within the Capitalists want it to maintain a stable income for merchants and to maintain order with people traveling and knowing prices will remain about teh same wherever they are. Others, mostly EastFaction, oppose it because the guild would have the power to set and manage prices, but could also lead to a rise in "marmalade merchants" selling goods and undercutting legitimate merchants who have to maintain a profit to make a living and pay their guild member dues.
- The Unification Wars were expensive, and smaller Arlings are less able to pay for rebuilding. Capitalists in general believe the larger Arlings should share their wealth a bit to ease up the economic demands on the individuals. EastFactionPeople in general believe the Arlings should rise or fall on their own, and the smaller Arlings should be absorbed into their neighbors.
- Alleklint and K battle
- Border Raids on Felkhath Begin
- Capital take East Atemkyst
- Eastern Zimaskog is fought over
- Ertsklif takes from Flachsteengroeve
- Flachsteengroeve takes land from Jordelv
- Horfadal loses land to Ostufer's Faction
- Horfadal loses land to Stendal
- Stendal annexes part of Alleklint
- Vetheriss takes Western Norrasjo