High Fae Court
A United Fae
Importance and RelevanceThe court has direct influence over all fae matters. Though many matters are handled by the realm specific courts, the High Fae Court is still able to influence them all. This is because the court is made up by the High Faes of each of the seven other courts: the Air Fae Court, Dark Fae Court, Earth Fae Court, Fire Fae Court, Light Fae Court, Spirit Fae Court and the Water Fae Court.
LegislationWhen the organization was founded, one of the agreements in the original document was, that the High Fae Court would be able to pass laws which would apply in all areas ruled over by one of the seven High Fae. However, the law needs to be passed through several stages before it can be implemented into fae law, it is not a quick process.
The Five Stages of Implementing a New Law
- The bill needs to be drafted by the seven core members. Anyone can propose the idea, but the first draft needs to be discussed and written by every core member, or it will not be qualified for the next step.
- Then bill needs to be taken to each High Fae's own council were they need to mull it over and discuss which parts they want to keep, which to rewrite, which to remove and whether or not they even want the bill to be implemented at all.
- When the second stage is complete, the core members meet once again and vote on whether or not anything should be changed. If the majority is for editing the bill, they will do that. A paragraph of the bill can only be changed if more than four members want it changed. A new version of the bill is written up.
- The bill is once again taken to the advisors, this is mostly a formality. They have to approve of it officially together with their ruler before it can advance to the next stage.
- The seven core members will vote on whether or not to implement the bill as a law. Four members have to vote yes before it is officially considered law.
Hierachy and TitlesThe High Fae Court is comprised of many individuals, but when people refer to the court, they often refer to the 7 most essential figures, also known as the High Council, the Core Seven or the Core Members. They are the only ones with any real power in the organization.
The vote is held between the seven core members after each of them has held a campaign to try and persuade the others to give them their vote.
Additional Court RolesBesides the main seven members, there are a number of other key members. This includes the Scribe, Secretary, Grandmaster, Knight, Cook, Chef, Bard, Stable Master, Stable Assistant, Messenger, Butler, Chamber Servant, Servant, Physician and the Historian. In total, the court is comprised of many members, some are also technically members of the other Fae Courts, but they have been given a permanent position in the high fae court as well. This is because the different high fae usually bring some of their most loyal servants, so they can be sure that everything is looked after accordingly while they are back in their own domains.
History of the CourtThough the High Fae Court has only existed for a brief period of time, its history is intriguing. The peace has been turbulent through the more or less hundred years the court has existed and it almost lead to the disbandment of the organization in some instances.
Treaty of KloevendalThe Court was founded after a dark period in the history of the fae. The different fae had been at war with one another for over a thousand years, the immense amounts of clashes and battles between them are now referred to as The Thousand Year War. The fae were exhausted from the warring and their resources had dried out. Then, humans began their attempt at conquering land in the Fae Realms. The Fae decided to officially end their feud to stand against the growing threat of some of the human nations.
Strength in Unity
- Court, Royal
- Aepilon Virgella
- Leader Title
- Arch High Fae
- Notable Members
A part of the Fae Realms, though not bound to a specific type of Fae like the rest are. This realm is used for diplomatic interactions between all of the Fae and is the head quarters of the High Fae Court.