The Eastern Continent
The Eastern ContinentElone is the Easternmost continent of Totania. It is often the center of world events, which is normally not a good thing for the residents of the continent. Elone is the largest landmass in the world, as well as the most populous one.
Races of TotaniaTotania has many races that reside on it. Of them, there are some with much more influence than the others. These races are:
- Elves (High, Wood, and Dark)
Northern EloneThe Northern region is filled with plains and hills, while the center of the continent is a mountainous region. There is also the Elven forest, where many of the Elves live. Beside the Elven forest to the East is an expansive desert, and to the west a mountainous region populated by Dwarves. The geographical features of Northern Elone are:
- The Dwarven Mountains- Multiple mountain ranges that span Dwarven territory.
- The Drow Cave- A cave that leads deep underground, to tunnels populated by Dwarves.
- The Northern Islands- An archipelago of islands that is actually not islands, but a continent that was sunken under an artificial ocean by the Goddess Sehanine.
- The Perilous Path- A bridge that connects over a large body of water in the city of Perilun.
- Lengenmold Valley- A valley in Dwarven territory that is the source of the Elone River.
- Elone River- A long river that goes from the center of Elone up into the Northern Ocean.
- Kipmar Pond- A pond best known for its prime conditions for sailing.
- Skull Bane's Rock- A large rock. Many who have fought around it have found themselves inexplicably falling into it and smashing their heads on it.
Southern EloneThe southernmost part of the continent is a mixture of these terrains, with plains, mountains, coastal areas, and forests. The Elven forest takes up much of this area, as well as other landmarks like the poisoned Tamd Peninsula, Lashmur Lake, and the floating city of Zephys, where the Dragonborn live.
- The Elven Forest- An enchanted forest at the center of the continent, populated by Elves and many other bombastic flaura and fauna.
- Zephys- The floating city, inhabited mostly by Dragonborn, where the Magic College sits.
- Lashmur Lake- A lake that borders the two Dragonborn villages of Ealla and Evity, where it is believed that a giant sea monster lives.
- Tamd Peninsula- The poisoned peninsula, keeping the Dragonborn village of Tamd sectioned off from the world. If one were to step foot on it, their skin would absorb a lethal poison.
- The Desert- A large desert filled with many unknowns, the only certainties of the desert are Gnomes, Goliaths, and Brown Dragons.
Southwestern EloneYet the South has another part, not controlled by the Dragonborn: The Southwestern Tip. This is where the World Court lies, and creates/enforces the laws of Totania. The geographical features of the Southwestern portion of Elone are:
- Stallbourne- A thin, ringed city surrounding a lake.
- The Marshal- At the center of Stallbourne Lake, a small island housing a large building.
- The World Cell- A large island off the coast of Elone containing a gigantic prison. The shore is incredibly rocky. Four smaller islands surround it, with large towers.
- Ethereal Bay- A bay filled with mist, with two peninsulas framing it.
- The Strait of Ildial- A passageway of water in between Elone and Udai with incredibly dangerous seas.
The Far EastAt the easternmost part of the continent is the area known as the Far East. While the south-eastern part is desert and low mountainous terrain, the north-east is more hilly than desert. With a large mountain sitting right outside of the desert, and the most dangerous coastline in the world at its southern tip. To the very south of the easternmost point in Elone, just outside the city of Waterdeep, lies the Great Dip, a terrifying whirlpool known to kill all that enter. Beside the Far East, even further east, is an archipelago known as the Abral Islands, the residence of the Tortles.
- The Abral Archipelago- The islands where the Tortles live, the Abrals are a closely-knit set of landmasses that are largely mountainous, with absolutely beautiful scenery.
- Shinjima Island- A large, mostly uninhabited island full of horrible dangers. Most people that enter die or have no choice but to flee.
- Jihdi Peninsula- The Peninsula for which the Jihdi Kingdom of Humans named their nation, populated mostly by Humans. It is largely hilly, with some mountains closer to the western portion.
- Lung Palace- A large mountain just outside the desert, the titular palace sits atop it with many Dragons that reside in its halls.
- The Great Dip- A giant whirlpool.
- Waterdeep- The submerged city, founded by Tritons and largely abandoned. The city is entirely submerged during most points in the da.
Fauna & Flora
Creatures such as Owl Bears populate the Northern region, while the South is filled with many magical creatures like Griffons and, more notably, Dragons. The caves that lace below the continent have aberrations like Beholders and Mind Flayers lurking in their depths. In the Elven forest, a range of diverse plants grow. Most notable among them is the Stemine, a teleporting rose that can bring a person anywhere in the world.