The First Factory Building / Landmark in Niorath | World Anvil

The First Factory

This building is the first factory of the Farlis continent. In 1234 AE the entrepreneur Savas Keris used his knowledge from his time studying in the Pavan Empire to start his own factory here. His machine for making textiles proved a huge success in Terios and he has become one of the wealthiest men in the country in recent years. Several new factories have been constructed in the Small Harbor by Savas as well.¬†   The factory has expanded over the years adding a larger warehouse to it and increasing the number of machines and people employed. The Weaver Guild, which had already lost quite some prestige prior to the construction of the factory, is especially opposed to any further expansion of the factories. The tensions between Savas Keleris and the guild have caused a mob to appear at the factory and partially burning it before the guards arrived.

Architecture

In comparison to buildings within the city wall  the factories constructed by Savas Keleris look quite bland. The main material that is used is red brick but not painted over like most buildings in the city. The middle of the building has a higher roof part with glass windows in the walls through which more light enters the building.
Founding Date
1234 AE
Type
Factory
Parent Location


Cover image: Nervonia by Gam-Ol on pixabay

Comments

Please Login in order to comment!