Engineers in Avicenna were making technological breakthroughs at an exponential rate in the years leading up to the war, crafting high-tech firearms and war machines to use in future conflicts. Gameth, a longtime rival and obstacle to Avicenna's regional ambitions on the continent of Liat, appeared in decline during the reign of King Nestor VI. By the middle years of the 870's, Avicenna's military leaders were biting at the reign for an all-out war with Gameth.
- The Avicennan Advance (Autumn/Winter 874): Avicennan forces overpowered Gameth's ill-prepared armies, pushing past the Nestorian Mtns. and to the edges of the Kelethian Woods.
- Siege of Oakengaard (Spring 875): An Avicennan fleet led by Adm. Aldo Snaggletooth attempted to seize the Gamerian town of Oakengaard, but the city was spared when The Kraken rose from its depths to decimate the Avicennan vessels. Aldo barely escaped with his life, and Gamerian forces were given time to regroup.
- Assassination of Gen. Boua (Spring 875): Gen. Boua Ussaki, the military dictator of Avicenna, was assassinated along with much of her military entourage in a suicide bombing perpetrated by a halfling sorcerer named Sebastian the Character. As per its newly-updated rules of succession, Adm. Aldo became the new leader of Avicennan kingdom.
- The Mountain Skirmishes (Summer 875): Gamerian leadership assumed that the war would end after Gen. Boua's death, but Adm. Aldo proved to be a capable leader in a time of crisis. Relying on his years of experience as a ranger, Aldo led Avicennan forces in several successful skirmishes in the Nestorian Mtns.
- The Devastation of Kanara (Fall 875): The Avicennan capital was bombed by cultists under the leadership of the evil lich Fairouz the Undying. The cult had managed to grow unchecked in the midst of the Avicennan War, and Adm. Aldo was forced to relocate his government to the mining town of Ravi to the north.
- The Sky Raid (Winter 875): Members of Gameth's adventuring group the Royal Knights Brigade managed to infiltrate and destroy Avicenna's massive airship, a powerful feat of engineering that could have leveled Gameth's capital of Gameria in a matter of minutes. Adm. Aldo was killed when the airship crashed into the Largas Ocean, effectively ending the Avicennan War
- The Siege of Ravi (Spring 876): The Avicennan War officially came to an end when Avicennan forces under the leadership of Gen. Idris surrendered to Gamerian armies surrounding the city of Ravi.
- Gameth annexed the mining town of Ravi, leading to brain drain from Avicenna as its engineers flocked to Gameth to continue their studies
- Sardivelia, for its assistance funded the Gamerian war effort, was rewarded with the island of Charybdis where Avicenna's powerful airship was created. The island was renamed Piedmonte in honor of the merchant republic's leader Paoli Piedmonte
- Chronicles of the Continent: the Fairouz Terror by Avicennan merchant-turned Gamerian scholar Tarpin Melchor recounted the exploits of the Royal Knights Brigades' founding years and their involvement in the campaign to defeat Avicenna's imposing forces. The book became a bestseller, cementing the allure of the adventuring lifestyle in the public imagination.
Remove these ads. Join the Worldbuilders Guild