On Kruqesk 25th, 1852 EoL, the Itude Empire legalized Exotic Pets as a form of slavery. Though, the empire refuses to use the term "slave" in correspondance with their Exotic Pets. These Exotic Pets are usually Prisoners of War, selling them off for the highest bidder at Exotic Pet Auctions, throwing them in the Capturing of the Pets, or even straight up catching them out in one of the surrounding nations on Chymoús. Exotic Pets are described as a collection of species from the Depths of Malfair, the Land of the Druidic Circle, the Moonlight Expanse, the Torched Emberlands, and the Vol de'Iaigle, and are kept in households, though not typically kept as a pet, and are the legal property of a vampire, in which they are forced to obey their owner or master. With auctions, the selling of Exotic Pet is used to raise money for the war against the , and are usually a white-tie event with a Gala theme. There are four different types of slavery in the world:
- Chattel slavery is the traditional form of slavery that the term "Exotic Pet" derives from, and chattel means personal property, which leads to people being bought as sold as commodities.
- Bond labor is known as debt bondage, or unfree labor. In this form of slavery, someone has pledged themself against a loan and it can be passed on from generation to generation, such as the person's children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren, etc. are required to finish paying off the debt.
- Forced labor is also unfree labor where a person is forced to work against their will under threat of violence or other punishment. It is a mixture of chattel slavery as well as bonded labor. Human trafficking can be an example.
- Forced marriage is where the one forced into this is required to engage in sexual activities, perform domestic duties, and other various works. Bride price and dowry can lead to this.
Exotic Pet CollarsEach collar is made up of a different metal or stone that represents a species' metalic or stone allergy. Different allergies can lead to a variety of conditions that could potentially kill the Exotic Pet.
- Elves have collars made completely out of copper. Both species contain pointy ear symbols on the collars to show that they are of the elven species.
- Fae have collars made out of iron with butterfly wing symbols on them.
- Half-elves are a subspecies of the elven and human species combined, which is why their collars are a mixture of copper with steel.
- Griffins have collars made out of chrome with griffin symbols on them.
- Merfolk have collars made out of steel with fish symbols on them.
- Nekomatas have collars made out of jade stone with cat symbols on them.
- Phoenixes have collars made out of xostaenor that have symbols of bird heads with wings rising up.
- Shapeshifters have collars made out of bronze that have symbols of bear paws with a human hand inside them.
- Sirens have collars made out of brass with seashell symbols on them.
- Werewolves have collars made out of silver with howling wolf symbols on them. These are most painful collars as any wolf ranked below an Alpha or Alpha Heir (Lunas are not an acception) will be burned the second silver touches their flesh, sort of like acid.
Table of Contents
by AlLes (Pixabay)
Pets / Prisoners of War / Slaves / Toys / War Criminals
Luxury; only the nobility or higher can afford one