As an ancient humanoid being with predator instincts, these bloodthirsty creatures of the night create empires dedicated to the goddess of darkness, Vavheia, the Dark. They contain long, unnatural lives and are surprisingly unfazed by sunlight. The hotter the temperature of the region, the faster a vampire succumbs to hunger and must feed. One only has to touch a vampire’s skin to know that they are one of the undead, for their icy-cold skin is a dead giveaway.
BLOOD DRIPPED FROM WOLF SLAYER’S FINGERS AS A WEREWOLF’S HEART dropped to the forest floor with a wet thump. In his other hand was a wraith scythe, a deadly contraption of mystery and blood. Thirst burned in the back of his throat while he carefully studied the landscape. He raised his head, oily black hair shimmering in the moonlight. An oranate black mask with a white crescent moon and covered his face, the only sign of life were his glowing scarlet eyes that pierced the darkness. Outside the border of the forest was a small town, perfect for the pickings. Wolf Slayer smirked to himself. At least he would have his fill of blood tonight…
Self-Sufficient ClansVampires tend to be on friendly terms with humans (especially the lower class), but are often shocked by the duality of emotion shown in most humans. Although most vampires are friendly, they are distrustful toward werewolves, due to their blunt nature and dislike for anything “undead” and distrust death as well as ancient racial prejudices. Compared to humans (and most other species), vampires are known to be extremely “measured” in the way they express and feel emotion, meanining they rarely experience the violence or infighting of other species but are “cursed” to never feel joy and happiness to the same extend other species do. As a result, vampiric society as a whole tends to be very cautious and conservative, taking large amounts of time to reach decisions and almost never acting on whim or instinct. This tends to lead to a distinct increase in technological and social innovation compared with other species, but it also generally means vampires are less fractious and dividing in political opinion, making their empires and kingdoms larger and more numerous, but also a good deal more stable than those of other species. There exist three main racial distinctions of vampires, which could be considered as “sub species.”
Haughty but Gracious
Although they can be haughty, vampires are generally gracious even to those who all short of their high expectations–which is most non-vampires. Still, they can find good in just about anyone.
Fae. “Fae are people of simple pleasures, and that is not a quality to scorn. They’re good folk, they care for each other and tend their gardens, and they have proven themselves tougher than they seem when the need arises.”
Humans. “All that haste, their ambition and drive to accomplish something before their brief lives pass away–human endeavors seem so futile sometimes. But then you look at what they have accomplished, and you have to appreciate their achievements. If only they could slow down and learn some refinement.”
Werewolves. “Werewolves are dull, clumsy mutts. But what they lack in humor, sophistication, and manners, they make up in valor. And I must admit, their best smiths produce art that approaches vampiric quality.”
Proud Infernal KinVampires are mainly tall and thin, with the famed fangs, and move with a grace unachievable by any other species. Their senses are also slightly more refined than those of humans, especially sight, hearing, and smell, but their senses are not as powerful as a werewolf. They share a similar pattern of skin pigmentation to humans, with those in warmer climates generally having darker brown skin, and those in cooler climates having whiter skin. Each skin tone is pale in some format, rendering them incapable of standing in the sunlight for long periods without resulting in sun scarring. All vampires tend to display subtle infernal features, such as their fangs, their eyes, and pale skin. They also tend to be tall with long limbs and wirey builds. Vampires rarely stray from this look, with a vampire very unlikely to be significantly shorter or tall, or significantly more muscular or fat. Due to vampires advanced grasp of magic, many harder tasks can be performed with magickal assitance. Combined with slightly more communal nature than human gender roles in vampiric society are less strongly defined, but still very much present.
Their CreationVampires derive from the very first infernals created, Lucifer, the Light and Morgana, the Reckoning. The children couldn't stand the idea of walking among the living beings on Eskǎvaëís without being seen. While wandering, they came across an elven female and a male human who were dying. Surprising enough, both the elf and human could see them and offered them a chance to walk the others and interact with them once the elf and human died. This offering resulting in Morgana possessing the elf and Lucifer taking the human as his host. Now that they were able stand as flesh and blood with all living creatures on Eskǎvaëís, Lucifer and Morgana began their work of interacting with the living beings and showing everyone that Vavheia and Vikeyr, the Black Hole were not evil as depicted by Bavara, the Moon. They also began to breed and populate the world with more vampires.
AnatomyVampiric anatomy is known for their long, slender bodies, five fingers, and hidden fangs that reveal themselves when a strong emotion is felt or hunger draws upon them. Their ancestors were the corpses of an elf and a human being possessed by infernals, thus their fangs were initially the fangs of the infernals and they were to show their inhuman nature to the rest of the world. When they were driven from their homes by the werewolves, they became adapted to the grasslands; this caused them to run longer distances. Vampires are natrually taller and have a semi-muscular definition; they are ale to withstand powerful winds and dangerous attacks from predators. They have a top-heavy frame. In this case, their bone structure is more defined toward the torso and the arms. They have pale skin tones of varying shapes from white to black.
General AppearanceVampires are mainly tall and thin, with the famed fangs, and move with a grace unachievable by any other species. Their senses are also slightly more refined than those of humans, especially sight, hearing, and smell, but their senses are not as powerful as a werewolf. They share a similar pattern of skin pigmentation to humans, with those in warmer climates generally having darker brown skin, and those in cooler climates having whiter skin. Each skin tone is pale in some format, rendering them incapable of standing in the sunlight for long periods without resulting in sun scarring. In terms of strength and "toughness," vampires are similar in most ways to humans, but rarely retain body fat for any long period of time. No vampire can grow pubic hair (facial hair is doable, but it takes hundreds of years) without magickal assistance. Unlike most species, vampires age once every thirty years, giving them a youthful appearance well into their 1500 years. The only obvious sign of age displayed by vampires is in their eyes, usually starts to appear around their 2000 years, their irises growing and darkening throughout their life until they completely dominate the white portions. This can give more elderly vampires quite an imposing appearance. All vampires tend to display subtle infernal features, such as their fangs, their eyes, and pale skin. They also tend to be tall with long limbs and wirey builds. Vampires rarely stray from this look, with a vampire very unlikely to be significantly shorter or tall, or significantly more muscular or fat. Due to vampires advanced grasp of magic, many harder tasks can be performed with magickal assitance. Combined with slightly more communal nature than human gender roles in vampiric society are less strongly defined, but still very much present.
PDF file is coming soon....
Table of Contents
by RondellMelling (Pixabay)
Origin / Ancestry:
2,400 - 3,000 Years
Blond, Red, Orange, Brown, Black
White to Black
5'6" - 6'6"
(167.64 - 198.12 cm)
(167.64 - 198.12 cm)
Church of Darkness
Vampiric NamesVampires are given personal names at birth, but they put their clan names first as a mark of honor. A childhood name or nickname is often used among fledglings as a descriptive term or a term of endearment. The name might recall an even or a center on a habit.
- Childhood Names: Runner, Splitter
- Male Names: Aleister, Azazel, Silas, Vladimir
- Female Names: Abaddon, Marigold, Snow
- Clan Names: Cheonsa, Crowely, Horus, Tepes
Vampiric TraitsVampires share certain species traits as a result of their heritage.
- Ability Score Increase. Dexterity score increases by 2, and two other ability scores of increase by 1.
- Age. Although vampires reach maturity as humans, the vampiric understanding of adulthood goes beyond physical growth to encompass wordly experience. A vampire typically claims adulthood around the age of 480 and can live to be 3000 years old.
- Alignment. Any, but vampires tend toward lawful.
- Size. Vampires range from 5 feet to over 6 feet tall, and have slender or muscular builds. Your size is medium.
- Speed. Your base walking speed is 30 feet and 120 feet dashing.
- Darkvision. With the ability to turn your red eyes on and off, you have superior vision in dark and dim conditions. You can see in dim light within 120 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light.
- Keen Senses. You have proficiency in the Perception skill.
- Infernal Ancestry. Have advantages on saving throws against being charmed, and magick can't put them to sleep.
- Sunlight Sensitivity. You can only withstand sunlight for short periods. The warmer the weather, the faster you can faint from exhaustion. In extreme cases, you need to get somewhere cool quickly or risk death. If you are able to get somewhere better, you will have a horrendous rash. At this point, take 10 1d20+5 of radiant damage.
- Languages. Common, Itudean, Tong-iliaean, Minuiantoan
- Vampiric Combat Training. You have proficiency with daggers, longswords, rapiers, shortswords, and whips.
- Subspecies. Spread out across the continents of Eskǎvaëís, the vampiric species has resulted in three main subspecies: Itudean, Minuiantoan, and Tong-illian. Choose one of these subspecies. In some areas, these subspecies are divided still further (such as the Gersoidians and Rhojunians of the Seimei-noji Teikoku), so if you wish, you can choose a narrower subspecies.
Itudean (Sub-race)As a highly established subspecies, you have a keen mind and a mastery of at least the basics of fightings and magick. In many of the countries, there are two kinds of Itudean vampires. One type (which includes the fateweaver vampires and the star vampires) is haughty and reclusive, believing themselves to be superior to non-vampire and even other vampires. The other type (including the Gears Rebellion vampires as well as the sun magick vampires) are more common and more friendly, and often encountered among humans and other species. The sun magick vampires (also called gold vampires or traitors) have an affinity toward sun magick bestowed upon them by Noella, the goddess of the sun. Often times, they have golden or silver hair and milky white or bronze skin. Star vampires (also called moonlit vampires or silver vampires) are much paler, with alabaster skin sometimes tinged with blue. Their often have hair of silver-white, black, or blue. Their eyes are blue or green and flecked with gold.
- Ability Score Increase. Your Intelligence score increases by 1.
- Alignment. You tend to follow a path with a chaotic nature.
- Vampire Weapon Training. Have proficiency with the longsword, shortsword, shortbow, longbow, daggers, and new created pistols.
- Cantrip. You know one cantrip of your choice from the witch spell list. Intelligence if your spellcasting ability for it.
- Language. You can speak, read, and write one extra language of your choice.
Minuiantoan (Sub-species)Descended from an earlier version of the species of infernal, these vampires were banished from the surface world for following Vavheia, the goddess of darkness, and being creatures akin to the undead. Now they have built their own civilization in the depths of the Chagamau Cavity Caverns, patterned after the Way of Vavheia. Also called murderous monsters, the Minuiantoan has skin that resembles charcoal or obsidians with a few having moonstone-like skin, as well as stark white or ink black hair. They commonly have very pale eyes (so pale as to be mistaken for white) in shades of lilac, silver, pink, and blue. They tend to be smaller and thinner than most vampires. Minuiantoan vampires are rare. Check with your Keeper of Tales (KT) to see if you can play one).
- Ability Score Increase. Your Charmisa score increases by 1.
- Superior Darkness. Your darkvision has a radius of 150 feet.
- Sunlight Sensitivity. You have disadvantage on attack rolls and Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on sight when you, the target of your attack, or whatever you are trying to perceive is in direct sunlight.
- Minuiantoan Magick. You know the dancing lights cantrip. When you reach 3rd level, you can cast the infernal fire spel once with this trait and regain the ability to do so when you finish a long rest. When you reach 5th level, you can cast the darkness spell once with this trait and regain the ability to do so when you finish a long rest.
- Minuiantoan Weapon Training. You have proficiency with rapiers, shortswords, and hand crossbows.
The Darkness of the Minuiantoan
Were it not for one renowned exception, the subspecies of Minuiantoan would be universally reviled. To most, they are a species of demon-worshing marauders dwelling in the subterranean depths of the Chagamau Cavity Caverns, emerging only on the blackest nights to pillage and slaugther the surface dwellers they despise. Their society is depraved and preoccupied with the favor of Vavheia, the mother of infernals and bringing of darkness, who sanctions murder and the extermination of entire families of werewolves as they vie for position.
Yet one Minuiantoan, at least, broke the mold. In the late 1300s EoL, Vladimir Tepes, Knightly Prince of the South, had proven himself as a good-hearted defender of the weak and innocent. Rejecting his heritage and adrift in a world that looked upon him with terror and loathing, Vladimir was a model for those few Minuiantoan who follow in his footsteps, trying to find a life apart from the evil society of their Chagmau Cavity Caverns.
Minuiantoan grown up believing that the surface-dwelling species are inferior, worthless except as slaves. Minuiantoan who develop a conscience or find it hard to overcome that prejudice, especially when they are so often on the receiving end of hatred.
Tong-ilian (Sub-species)As a Tong-illian, you have keen senses and an intuition, and your fleet feet carry you quickly and stealthily through your native forests. This category includes the wild vampires (PLACEHOLDER) and the (PLACEHOLDER), as well as the subraces called wood vampires. In the rest of Seimei-noji Teikoku, Tong-illian vampires (also called wild vampires, green vampires, or forest vampires) are reclusive and distrusting of non-vampires. Tongillian vampires’ skin tends to be cooperish in hue, sometimes with traces of green. Their hair tends toward browns and blacks, but it is occasionally blond or copper-colored. Their eyes are green, brown, or hazel.
- Ability Score Increase. Your Wisdom score increases by 1.
- Vampire Weapon Training. You have proficiency with the longsword, shortsword, and longbow.
- Fleet of Foot. Your base walking speed inceases to 35 feet.
- Mask of the Wild. You can attempt to hide even when you are only lightly obscured by foliage, heavy rain, falling snow, mist, and other natural phenomena.