With a breath of exhaustion, a petite blood witch dragged the last lifeless griffin onto the edge of a canyon. As her knife skidded across her hand, she quickly placed her bleeding appendage on top of the stack of bodies. The griffin corpses began to sag and wilt as their blood poured forth, hardening like wires. The fibers of blood weaved and bobbed around, as they braided into each other. After a short moment, the blood witch’s bridge was completed, while she walked confidently across the ravine.
Bloodline of the VampireWith the blood of a vampire running through their veins, a blood witch is often looked down upon by other species, specifically the werewolf. For those who ended up growing up in the presence of werewolves, they have become closed off and try not to anger their neighbors, such as turning to a life of healing. Blood witches are loyal to their heritage and see their ancestors as influencers on how to better their craft and keep their homes safe, while also standing up for what they believe in.
The sound of blood dripping onto the cold morning pavement echoed across the near empty road, as a decrepit blood witch rolled up his tattered sleeve, revealing a bleeding wrist. The blood around his arm formed into mist as he waved his fingers around, and in an instant, his pursuers fell to the floor riving in agony.
Charismatic MedicsAll blood witches are great with being tactical. The higher the nobility, the better education a blood witch receives. If a blood witch is raised as a lower class citizen, they usually end up as a warrior and very rarely get the chance to become a medic. Middle class citizens can go either way, but most also follow the path of a warrior, whereas an upper class citizen takes on the role as diplomat or medic.
Medics throughout the Universe
On Eskǎvaëís, a blood witch is required to study and be prepared to step out on the battlefield to heal the wounded in a war ever starts. However, those who do not step out on the battlefield are usually found in one of the many medical centres in their home country. For Princess Léhä Tepes, she is not permitted to enter the battlefield, but she has garnered ample hours in the Vol'nische Palace's infirmary, treating any soldiers who become injured or sick.
Earth's blood witches don't have to worry about war, but the knowledge of religious humans taking issue with their magick prevents them from practicing in the open or even in human hospitals. Most blood witches on Earth live in vampiric cities and help take care of the weak, or they get deployed to one of the other paranormal territories in their district to help with illnesses or injuries.
Golden coins scattered across a table as a shady group of humans tossed a bag along with a veil of blood onto it. A seated blood witch woman courteously accepted the bag and tossed her deep brown locks behind her silver-lined robes, as she emptied the red veil onto a carved wooden hand mirror. With a gesture and some words, the mirror revealed the last moments of a fledgling vampire’s life.
Table of Contents
Blood Witch TraitsBlood Witches share certain species traits as a result of their heritage.
- Ability Score Increase. Charisma score increases by 2, and two other ability scores of your choice increase by 1.
- Age. 1 year for every 15 years.
- Alignment. Any, but Blood Witches tend toward chaotic.
- Size. Medium
- Speed. 30 ft.
- Heightened Awareness. You have adavantage on Perception checks that involve hearing blood flow and smelling when blood has touched the air.
- Magickal Prowess. At 2nd level, you can cast Blood Blade as a 1st level spell once, and regain this ability with a long rest. At 5th level, you can cast the Bloodletting spell once, and regain this ability with a long rest. Charisma is your spellcasting ability for these traits.
- Infernal Ancestry. Have advantages on saving throws against being charmed, and magick can't put you to sleep.
- Skill Versatility. You gain proficiency in two skills of your choice.
- Languages. Common, Itudean, Tong-iliaean, Minuiantoan, or one Earth language