Advanced Idea Mechanics
Once upon a time, a set of like-minded scientists and engineers shared a common vision: a world ruled by logic, by dispassionate evaluation, by SCIENCE! They set out a ruthless, efficient plan by which they would quietly take control of all true power in this world. Lesser minds would remain mired in their petty, ephemeral concerns until they had been locked into positions of proper function.
Results: Technology would advance at never-before-seen rates. Disease would be eradicated. Poverty would cease to exist. Intelligence – and the ability to properly apply it! – would become the sole determining factor of any individual’s worth.
The world would become an ideal meritocracy. Humanity would finally be able to realize its true potential!
(And at last, at long last, we would have flying cars!)
The Very Unacceptable Reality
With only one exception, every single major resource-acquiring project in the 21st century, necessary to complete before any of the big pieces of The Plan could be enacted, has been completely disrupted!
In the AIM meritocracy, the reward for success is greater control of assets, for greater scientific endeavour. The consequence of failure is death: the supervisor of a failed project traditionally is eliminated by his or her successor, immediately upon discovery of the flaw in the plan.
The Everyday Effort
No science is wasted. A.I.M. gathers information in successes AND failures. They are happy to confiscate another group’s inventions, which are then put to better use. AIM markets their cast-offs and lesser models to other villain organizations. They have collaborative business relationships with some villain organizations, trading information or offering deals on items known to be particularly relevant to the other’s primary interests.
All AIM personnel, when acting in official capacity, wear the company’s signature yellow. Members have at least a Master’s degree (or equivalent) in some area of science, mathematics, or business – and for the so-called “soft sciences”, significantly more expertise is required.
including the heroes!
Current members of A.I.M.:It definitely says
here, I'll give you
that one for free
- not MODOK because we aren't doing that. Ever.
- not Dr. Achilles Theron from the Mega-Crossover in Summer 2004, either, not after the disaster of THAT adventure!
- CASTLE, mystery inventor in power armor
- Dr. Helena Amory, head of Project: Merlin at Bio-Investigations Limited
- Dr. Sheila Radcliffe, CEO of Bio-Investigations Limited
- Arthur Shaman (super-obscure but convenient mercenary)
People A.I.M. will go out of its way to harm/sabotage/blatantly defeat:
- anyone who escaped destruction of The Eureka Settlement
- Lex Luthor
- Tesla Coil
- Dr. Achilles Theron
- Thunderstrike who keeps STEALING OUR STUFF
- AIMing to Misbehave
- AIMing to MIsbehave: Chapter 2
- AIMing to Misbehave: Chapter 3
- AIMing to Misbehave: Chapter 4
- AIMing to Misbehave: Chapter 5
- AIMing to MIsbehave: Chapter 6
- AIMing to Misbehave: Chapter 7
- AIMing to Misbehave: Chapter 8
- Ambushed in the Mountain of the Universe: Chapter 5: High Tidings
- Launch Code
- Launch Code 7
- Launch Code 8
- Launch Code 9 - the conclusion
- Resurrection Protocol
- The Lost World
- The Lost World 1
- The Lost World 3