TC157 ARC Lieutenant
Sometime pilot, member of the ARCtrooper unit known as Razak's Roughnecks, self-referenced as "Apes".
I owe Hicks a better description than what I have here.
I am hesitant to commit anything at all to transmissible archives: Hicks does not much participate in chitchat. Sometimes I think he likes casual conversation fine, he just does not have much to contribute. Other times I develop a strong suspicion that Hicks would just as soon we all keep the products of our neural synapses to ourselves.
When I presented Paperboy with a passable draft of my "investigation report" on him, explaining that this is the Vorpadaran Job (and does he want any of this info corrected or removed?), I got back:
- an entire pasta bake worth of redlined edits on my phraseology,
- two precise date corrections that I promptly deleted,
- a delightfully sarcastic hand-sketched cartoon about Captain Razak versus a camera drone,
- one request to list him by his official name of record from the Clone War days since that was what he put on his byline,
- and a pamphlet explaining that I could identify the fundamentally unacceptable "passive voice phrasing" in my reports by asking myself if I could insert the clause "by Jedi!" at the end of any given sentence.
When I presented Hicks with my sixth draft of an "investigation report" on him, complete with the same explanation as to it being made for the Vorpadaran Job, does he want any of this info corrected or removed or expanded or even to take his own whack at how I write my reports ... I got no response at all. Not even a confirmation that he had received the message.
I don't really know what to do with that.
Other than, obviously, take it as a thorough denial of consent.
So what I have put in here already exists in multiple places on the greater Holonet: his place and time of birth, a few visual characteristics, publicly listed family ties and reliable social connections. Also that old medical advisory from Razak which should be sufficient to keep Impsec uninterested in recruitment.
Meanwhile, I am waiting for Hicks to add his name to the roster of veterans who want a discharge and a transfer to civilian life somewhere.
- database updated Datunda
Accomplishments & Achievements
While I've been out of Tapani Sector on this "stolen artifacts compounded with murder" job, Hicks must have participated in something that won him a very quiet, very hefty boost in rank. He was still a "Private" back last Harvest Day for certain. I don't remember his name among the quarterly Promotions roster. I would have particularly noticed. I would have asked at least one question about it.
I would be willing to wager a half-box of baked goods that whatever Hicks did, that was the official justification for his vacation leave, too.
Not that every soul who had to approve the lengthy leave period would have needed a "good enough" reason to let Hicks take time off. No, the problem would have been getting him that last millimeter over the mental obstruction of thinking he deserves to have some fun.
I admit that I would absolutely like to know the story of how he earned his way back up two entire stops on the rank tree and into "officer" turf again.
I also admit, freely, that I am probably not going to get that story. It feels like the kind of thing I really should not ask. And Hicks does not volunteer tales from his life even when he most needs to talk -- not to me, not to any other potential audience no matter how sympathetic or admiring.
This does mean I have no idea how peeved he will get if his actions on the Thunder Maiden bring him another promotion for meritorious shebs-kicking.
- database entry updated Katunda
Has a tendency toward enthusiastic, almost performance-based anxiety fits.
Contacts & Relations
Anyone who knows what a "chaplain" is, knows that Jedi Knight VN Ysadora and Knight Errant Davish Tam will answer a call for support from any Beskar Arran. Anyone who knows the little phrase "the clone's Jedi" would also know that "Vanya Ysadora will pause almost any other work to appear out of the empty space if one of the Roughnecks asked."
- Parent: Dr. Taun We
- Close siblings: Razak's Roughnecks especially Hudson.
- Siblings: Surviving and late 257th Clone Detachment veterans; Mar Jani's covert squad of custom-designed ARCs; according to Chaplain Ysadora, Boba Fett
- Cousins: Clan Venn, Yeager Lexics, K7
- Nephew: Jaster Fett son of Spar and Asajj Ventress.
- Niece: Ehlonna Lexics, Imperial Princess of the Galactic Star Empire
Does this look like a "normal person vacation" to anybody?
Currently Held Titles
Previously Held Ranks & Titles
Year of Birth
12698 33 Years old
- Episode 3.07: Chapter 10: Breadcrumbs and Battle Droids
- Episode 3.07: Chapter 11: Scattershots and Rattled Sabers
- Episode 3.07: Chapter 12: The Mind Killers
- Episode 3.07: Chapter 13: The Desert Menace
- Episode 3.07: Chapter 14: Raiders of the Desert Obelisk
- Episode 3.07: Chapter 9: Between Hope and a Hard Place
- Episode 3.08 Kanter's War, Chapter 8
- Episode 3.08 Kanter's War, Chapter 9
- Episode 3.08 Kanter’s War, Chapter 7