Guide to World Configuration
World NameThe name of the world. It can be changed at any time. Use something short and descriptive. The name is part of every URL to the world. As a sage it is possible to change this part of the URL to something else.
IntroductionThe introduction or basic description of the world. It is displayed on the homepage and in some cases as an excerpt for your world. BBCode can be used to layout this section.
Privacy stateThe privacy state determines who can see the presentation of the world. A public world can be found and visited by anyone. A private world is only visible the creator, authors and subscribers.
RPG SystemsThe RPG Systems of a world determine the type of statblocks that can be created for it. A list of all RPG Systems available can be found here. If this setting is not visible then the RPG Features are disabled on the account features menu.
LanguageThis is where you can select the primary language you wish your world to be displayed in. As translations are being implemented this will alter the language of the headers appearing in your world's page and article templates.
GenresThe genre of a world helps readers know what to expect from a world. The genre is used to classify the world on the Browse Worlds page.
TagsTags can be used like genres but are not limited to a pre-configured list. The tags are currently only used for the search on the Browse Worlds page.
Word GoalA word count goal for the world. The current vs. goal progress bar is located in the Articles & Categories statistics section. This counter is only updated once a day. Make sure to set the goal to a realistic number to ensure that you can reach it regularly!
World's Profile Display WeightThis height is used to determine the position of the World in any place where the worlds are listed. The highest number is displayed first.
Storage StatusAn active world is visible on the sidebar quick access and on the primary list of worlds. Stored worlds are not deleted but also not in the list. Store worlds that you do not regularly use but you still want to keep.
Article Forced Privacy StateCheck this box if you want all new articles in this world to be created as private. This will work regardless of the world's privacy state.
HomepageCheck the overview for homepage customization to get all the details on this menu.
Guide to the World Homepage
Explores the potential customization options for the homepage of the world. This is often the first page that users may see and should act as hub.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)The Page Title is used as the name of the tab. It is currently not possible to change the icon, only the text. Rename this to make sure that the tab title is just the name of your world. This is used by browsers for the bookmark name as well. The Page Description is used as the page metadata. It is a metafield that is not visible to the user directly, but some external services might use this to display a description of the linked homepage.
Date & TimeThis section is useful to set a specific current date within your world. It does not cover many usecases and is not very flexible.
Current Display DateDetermines how the current date of the world is displayed. By default the world date is displayed as YYYY-MM-DD. It appears by default on the world homepage below the subtitle and can be embedded anywhere with the Current Date BBCode.
Current year, month, and dayThe current year, month and day within the world canon. This is useful when there is one current date in the world that everything adhers to. The year value is used to determine the age of a character when a birth year is given and no year of death.
ErasThe global eras can be set to determine the year short code behind the year. It is used when displaying the birth year or death year of a character.
DisplayGlobal options and content fields offer a few customizations options which make it easier to present some common content.
World Anvil Community Social FeaturesThese features include article likes, the following world button, the read later button, and article comments. They are enabled by default, but here you can disable them for your world.
Display Article TooltipsWith this toggle the article previews can be disabled. The article excerpt is then displayed instead.
Display Block HeadersAn article block is an element that you can use anywhere to link to an article and display its cover image, title, and excerpt (you can see them in the featured articles or recent articles sections of the world homepage). If you uncheck this box, blocks will not display the cover image. More information about blocks in articleblocks. This setting determines if the header images are displayed in any context, not just when embedded within the world itself.
Guide to Visibility Toggles
Visibility toggles are an easy way to temprarily hide and then reveal information within an article.
Global ContentA collection of fields which are added to many if not all pages of the world.
World Master MapSelect one of your world's maps in this drop-down. This map will then appear on every article and category of your world as a background above the cover image. Use this if you wish for readers to navigate your world primarily with the map of the world.
Global Copyright FooterYou can use this section to establish the copyright for the entirety of your world. Anything you put here will appear at the bottom of most pages of the world. Use the Creative Commons License BBCodes here to add an open license to the content.
World Navigation Sidebar Custom ContentContent within this field is added at the top the world navigation sidebar. Removing the existing content from it can only be done via CSS.
Global Header BlockThis is added as a global bar at the top on every page of your world. By default, the bar will stick to the top and scroll with the viewer. Use CSS to change this behaviour. It can be used to create a custom navigation bar.
Global Article Content BlockWhatever you type here will appear at the top of all articles' sidebars, before the actual sidebar contents. If no sidebar is displayed in a given article, this will instead appear at the bottom.
SocialManage the social media embeds and connections of the world.
- Social Media Sharing Widgets: This toggle determines if the widget is displayed at the bottom of the articles or not. Currently includes a button to share on Reddit and Twitter.
- Follower Naming: A string used to determine what the followers of the world are called.
- DIscord Webhook: The link to a discord webhook. Enables the Update Discord button in the articles.
- Patreon: Add the profile name of your patreon profile page. It will add the patreon button into the world homepage.
- . Renders a stream of your latest tweets on the homepage. Twitter: Add your twitter handle without the
- Twitch Channel: Add your twitch channel handle. Embeds the twitch stream viewer directly on your worlds homepage.
- Discord Server Invide: Add a discord server invite link. Embeds the discord server invite with discords logo and JOING DISCORD message.
MonetizationConfigurations related to the monetization of the world. @Discord
- Custom access denied page: Select a public article within the world to act as a replacement for the Multipass page when navigating to private or draft content.
- Custom World URL Slug: Change the default worldname-username part of your world's URL to something else. Make sure to keep this simple and only use characters which can be used in URLs.
- Secured links: this is unchecked by default. If you check it, your readers will be able to click links leading to private content. They won't be able to view the content itself, but it's a great way to redirect them to a call to action page using the custom access denied page.
- Google Analystics. Google Analytics Tracking Code: Add a Google Analytics Tracking Code to all the pages of the world. This enables the tracking of visitors with
- more information). In the future, this will also toggle other community-related features. World community: This feature is still work in progress, and currently it allows you to enable self-assigning subscriber groups (
- Discord if you are not contacted. World Domain Name: Fill out this form to replace the domain of the world with a custom domain. This process is manual and may take a few days to complete. Come to the
Sidebar Options (World Management)The options in the sidebar are used to manage the world.
- Transfer World: A world can be transfered to another user. This is not an automatic process. The request is reviewed and may take a few days until it takes place. Worlds can only be transfer to accounts with a subscription.
- Export World: Creates an export of most of the worlds content. Use this to get an offline copy or if you wish to leave the platform.
- World Widgets: Copy the three world widget BBCodes: World Homepage Link, World Follower Button and Current Date.
- here. Open Data & RSS Feed: Get the links for these endpoint. Read more about the RSS Feed
- Delete or Leave World:A world can be deleted here. This process CANNOT be reverted and it deletes all content within this world. Authors of a world can leave the world if they no longer wish to be a part of the project.