SC Vol. 1 - Worth Reading
"I congratulate everyone who has achieved the goals they set and more. And for those who may be despairing of one or the other prompt, I wish that they will not be discouraged. Already one single article has enriched your world! Be proud of every step that brought you closer to your goal!"
My review of the last two months of June and July
... I am extremely happy that I
- reached my copper goal and wrote 10 articles totaling 8,421 words, even though I wasn't on vacation.
- was able to publish articles that were 98% complete.
- developed the first connections between the two worlds, although at the beginning I really had no plan how to do it.
... I still have to work on:
- better preparation through research, notes, drawings, etc.
- less doubt about a reasonable word count
- urgent expansion of the "framework" of time calculation, dates, names and events, etc., because had to suck from the fingers a lot of things first, which really slowed me down.
My own favorite summer camp items
"A big thank you goes to the many readers who supported me at my first summer camp with a "like" and nice comments, as well as to all (new) travelers who explore my worlds and follow my guest book."
My favorite articles from the community:
"It's crazy? How can you only choose 9 articles from 42 requests with 11,526 great entries? I have therefore selected 4 requests / topics that I have not answered myself and about which I have hardly or not yet written any articles . This will hopefully change soon."
A useful plant found in a wild area of your world
A plant that grows wild and flourishes when there's a high concentration of copper in the soil -- it sends roots incredibly deep, and thus is used as a method of locating copper deposits for mining operations.
The Chrono Orchyd
"As shafts of sunlight pierced through the lush canopy, illuminating the path ahead, I stumbled upon a hidden clearing blanketed with vibrant foliage. And the Chrono Orchid, resplendent in its majestic beauty, beckoned me closer with its ethereal glow"
- Starshroom by themrbeasley about glowing mushrooms whose caps symbolize the starry sky.
- Fabiana Flores by RandoScorpio about a strange plant that makes you wonder if it's a fungus or a flower or both.
- Sunblooms by SyntaxChick on a versatile climber closely linked to the Kajuzurie culture.
A cuisine from a sparse, barren or remote region of your world
- Mayab Cuisine by Kefkejaco invites you into the exotic world of a Mayan/Aztec cuisine garnished with a few words of the indigenous languages.
- Brachyur Culinary Arts by Riverfang artfully interweaves the Brachyur way of life, which had a crucial influence on the development of nutrition, with the food culture.
A historical figure still venerated today, and why
Blatikuski, The Prophet of Blati.
The Prophet of Blati, the Avatar of Abbon Shabai himself , the person whose preaching marks the way people count years in Yeia.
Thoven Chorter the bard, master of the Common language wrought tales of tales of adventure and heroism that inspire even today.
The Skinpeeler is perhaps the most well known elf in Noria in the orcish memory. His sacrifice saved reality, even if only orcish legends now remember him.
- Castellian Harlscurl by Yerran about a hero who fulfills a prophecy and ends in tragedy.
A myth or truth about the meaning of your universe
A special thank you and attention
I would like to thank all readers who really read this article to the end for their attention. It was a real pleasure for me to get to know all your worlds (even better) and I'm already looking forward to the next reading challenge. Finally (you made it right away) a special thank you to: