The Gāngtao Migrant Fleet
The ever-moving, unmappable nation on the water
- High Admiral - The rank belonging to the man or woman in charge of the Migrant Fleet. There is only ever one, and they are stationed on the Migrant Fleet's de-facto capital and command-and-control, the Bushūbunáo, Capital of the Migrant Fleet, round the clock unless duties take them elsewhere. This seat is currently held by Kishiji Kawamura, a grizzled man better known as "The One-eyed Wolf".
- Admiral - The rank belonging to the lesser admirals in charge of the four seperate armadas that make up the larger Migrant Fleet as a whole. There are only ever four, and they report exclusively to the High Admiral.
- Lord Commander - The rank belonging to those beneath the admirals, given command of multiple ships that form a "Flotilla". Each of the four armadas usually has up to a dozen or more, depending on its size - they handle matters too small for the Admirals, and manage the captains beneath them.
- Commander - The most numerous rank belonging to the commanders of individual ships. They handle the ship they run and report to the Lord Commander at regular intervals.
- Military Clade - The Soldiers, Naval Officers, and the like that serve on the Migrant Fleet's battleships, cruisers, and carriers. The men and women dedicated to protecting the Migrant Fleet and all its noncombatants. These Clades usually have their own defensive vessels and are 'assigned' a ship or flotilla to serve - and then report to the according Commander or Lord Commander for daily duties, assignments, and matters of defense. This clade can trace its roots to countless defunct and existing nations across the continent whose ancestors fled their respective countries to find a better life on the seas, and struck a deal with the first Merchant Clades for mutual beneficiance and support.
- Merchant Clade - The merchants, barterers, traders, and the like that live on the Migrant Fleet's countless ships turning a profit in whatever port they sail into. They are charged with keeping the Migrant Fleet profitable and putting food on the tables of all who live there - finding good deals, good products, and keeping business flowing. This clade was the first to join the fleet alongside the Military Clade, and traces its roots back to the free-spirited pirates, freebooters, merchants, and sailors who banded together to better endure the dangers of oceanic life.
- Engineering Clade - The engineers, workers, repairmen, and techspeakers that work around the clock keeping the Migrant Fleet's ships running at full capacity. They are an invaluable part of the fleet, and especially so to the tends of thousands living on the Migrant Fleet's capital, the Bushūbunáo, Capital of the Migrant Fleet - whose sprawling metal corridors stretch on for miles. They also serve a valuable role in assessing the scrap and salvage the Salvage Clade brings up from the ocean's depths, and then decide where and to whom it should go. They are also the masterminds behind the Lifeships of the Migrant Fleet - gigantic ships overbuilt and overdesigned to be capable of allowing tens of thousands of people to live on a ship that could normally allow barely 1/1000th of that - they are best described by their motto "Heroes to none, friends to all" - the invisible hands that sustain and upkeep the ships of the fleet. They were the third Clade to Form in the fleet, which split off and formalized when members of the first two clades demonstrated talent for engineering and repair, as well as crafting and construction.
- Salvage Clade - The salvagers, divers, explorers, and the like who constantly prowl the waters beneath the fleets for scrap, sunken ships, and derelicts to either farm for materials or, on rare occasions, entire hulks deemed intact enough to survive a hauling back to the water's surface, where they are restored and pressed into service in the fleets. This clade is by far the most dangerous, even moreso than the Military Clade - these brave men and women constantly brave the dangers of the ocean's depths and its rusting derelicts for supplies and materials to serve the fleet - meaning they face all manner of dangers on a daily basis. They, as a result, often have and are experienced in the use of all manner of strange technology, weapons, armor, and more salvaged from their various expeditions, and have a close relationship with the engineering clade. This clade is the most recently formed, and was created in the wake of the salvaging of the Bushūbunáo, The Salvaged Supercarrier - the ship that would become capital of the Migrant Fleet. This herculean task was the crowning achievement of the then-fledgling Salvage Clade, unofficial as it was, and formalized then across the Fleet - proving the worth of their abilities and expertise.
- Civil Service Clade - This oft-forgotten but vital clade is made up of the postmen, civil service workers, and bureaucrats who make up the unseen cogs of the Migrant Fleet. They handle the vital but overlooked tasks of delivering packages, mail, doing paperwork and the like across the many ships of the Fleet and Maintaining the ties that link each ship together into one cohesive whole. They also handle taxes, fees, and the like. Unkindly referred to as "The Suits" or "The Hooks". This clade was formed once the Migrant Fleet had gained its bearings as a nation of its own and formed the Sailors Clade - with the addition of peasants working normal lives in the fleet, a natural need arose for a group to handle the bureaucracy that resulted from such a thing.
- Sailors Clade - The sailors, freemen, and peasants living aboard the migrant fleet. The 'working class' of the migrant fleet, and the most numerous clade. Every 'lifer' in the fleet, immigrant, or first-time foreigner or visitor in the fleet belongs to this clade. Ironically, was one of the last Clades to form - it was not until the Migrant Fleet developed significantly that it could even sustain a peasant class, and instead was lived in by those who made it - the soldiers and merchants who banded together to form it.
- The Northern Armada - Homeland of the Migrant Fleet, and home to its capital, the Bushūbunáo, Capital of the Migrant Fleet. This fleet commonly sails the normally uncrackable iceflows of the northern seas around Narixia, Hyeojiin Island, The Shenchaun Tundra, The Glacial Drift, and the northern coastlines of Myrkeim and Zheng-Kitar with the help of its capital ship, the Bushūbunáo, The Salvaged Supercarrier - only its immense metal girth can shatter the unfathomably thick ice there and reach the frozen trading hubs of the barbaric residents that call the northern coasts home. It is commanded by Admiral Mishil Hong, and is also home to High Admiral Kishiji Kawamura - both serving aboard the Bushūbunáo, Capital of the Migrant Fleet.
- The Eastern Armada - The Armada that sails the seas around Myrkheim, Tarthus, and all up and down the eastern coasts of Zheng-Kitar. Commanded by Admiral Haru Yoshinaga - the only female Admiral in the fleets.
- The Southern Armada - The Armada that sails the seas around Ustana, Cheolt, and all around the southern coast of Zheng-Kitar. Commanded by Admiral Jiang Lin, the oldest living Admiral in the fleets.
- The Western Armada - The Armada the sails the seas around Dhara, Qushu, and the Vathomion Isles as well as the entire western coast of Zheng-Kitar. Commanded by Admiral Lyuboslav Ivanova, the youngest Admiral in the fleets.
- All we do, we do for profit.
- We take no sides nor interests. Neutrality is our law.
- We force no hand nor creature - the communal good is upheld willingly.
Demography and Population
Agriculture & Industry
Trade & Transport
Unity in diversity, Truth in freedom.
Bushūbunáo, Capital of the Migrant Fleet
The proud capital of the Migrant Fleet, built atop the biggest ship on the seas.
Bushūbunáo, The Salvaged Supercarrier
The gigantic floating gigaship once forged for evil, now the capital city of the Migrant Fleet.
Kingdom of Tarthus-Tetsu
The far-distant country of the sands, where gold adorns every corner and death dwells beneath the sands.
The cunning commander of the Migrant Fleet, wise beyond his years.
The Battle of the Aurora Sea
The legendary assault on the Migrant Fleet by the forces of the dead and damned.
The Gāngtao Migrant Fleet
The ever-moving, unmappable nation on the water.
The Cursed Ship that prowls the world's waters, hunting living and dead alike to one day break their heinous curse.