There is no single tract towards becoming one. Despite the title, most prophesiers do not have any inherent prophesying ability. The term follows those optimum advisers who divined the happenings around them through mysticism, experience, or personal connections that made it seem they were all-knowing. And that is the key: Seeming All-Knowing
Payment & Reimbursement
- Freedom of Movement
- Freedom to form personal and professional connections
- Room and Board
- Steady Meals available
To offer advise based, ideally on divine interpretation, but more often through observations of the material world.
- Often times thought of as vagrants or vagabonds
- Sought after during new births in some homes to proclaim a newborn's future
- Seen as invaluable to leaders of a state
- Holds a fortuitous prominence within the accepting culture as being sponsored by a state is considered evidence enough to sway the majority of their genuinity
- Well worn inter-state roads
- Canal Pavements
- Market Corners and Stalls
- Reserved Office
- Place in Court
There are different categories of prophesiers distinguished by their means of prophesizing:
SeersProphesiers who claim to have 'visions' as part their powers.
Near SeersProphesiers who specialize in pursuing short term objectives for either themselves or their master.
Far SeersProphesiers who specialize in pursuing long term objectives for either themselves or their master.
SayersProphesiers who claim to hear 'voices' as part their powers.
DreamersProphesiers who wait for and interpret dreams, either their own or of others.
DecarnatesProphesiers who claim to have lived previous lives which grants insight into their current one.
Dangers & Hazards
FreelanceProphesiers unaffiliated with a powerful patron to defend them leaves them vulnerable to the regulars of travel and near homelessness.
EmployedDepending on the patron, a false prophecy or misinformed counsel can lead to dismissal or execution.
Remove these ads. Join the Worldbuilders Guild