"Desert, jungle, plains, river valleys; all that and more you can find on the northern edge of Calina."Northern Calina is, as the name suggests, the northernmost region of the continent of Calina. It is home to the Calinani people, along with a number of Avadian outposts and the city-states of Maganti and Solathi. It is divided into the following regions;
-Katanya Xira, Avadian explorer
- The Marai Desert, a wide desert stretching from the mid-point of the north coast to the far northeast of the continent.
- The Galan River, a winding river that empties into the Calinan Sea, and the fertile floodplain and delta that surrounds the river.
- The Arzai Jungle, a dense jungle on the central northern coast.
- The Ayaran Plains, a region of grasslands and savannahs in Calina's northwest.
- Tenun, an island off the northwestern coast of Calina.
Fauna & Flora
Animals ranging through Northern Calina vary depending on location. Antelope and ibex are a common sight in the north and northeast, while in the jungles of the west a variety of birds, frogs, lizards and primates can be found. The fertile northeast sees exotic birds, peacocks, flamingos, crocodiles and even lions.