The Under-City of Arfosian, where metals are mined.
"Where other cities have to fight the swamp to keep from drowning, we have solid ground. We dig ourselves into stable rock, and everyone wants what we produce."
Hallowmin City is the only city of the The Five Cities to be built on solid ground, by being built on one of the northern border shared with Theydim, and to the south of Hallomin is Southard City. Due to the veins of running into the rock the city was originally founded on, the city began to focus on mining, and then refining the metals. Arfosian was found encasing other ores, including Gem Scrolls, and Gem Scrolls were found to store magical effects until the effects were triggered, allowing for the gems to be used to store another magical effect. Arfosian was discovered to have a faint effect of binding some magical effects to metals when mixed with other ores.
Arfosian's effects turned out to be vital in the assistance with creating Warforged for the The Five Cities' cities, granting Hallomin a boost in economic power and well as a flood of struggling potential employees seeking work in the mines.
Non-Family Members of the Government
A Suspected 15 People
- An estimated 12 People are
- The Factory Law - About 5 Officials at this level of Factory Law Enforcement (Morning, Day, Night, Mine Shift 1, Mine Shift 2)
- Exportation - About 200 people
- Production - About 600 people
Unknown number of people
- - About 10 people
- - About 40 people
- - about 1200 people (Most grow food stuffs to trade)
- - about 270 Fully Trained Upkeep Inspectors
- About 70 People
- - About 9000 people
- - An uncertain number, Importers travel from City to City.
- - About 900 fully trained Mechanics
- - About 1200 fully trained Workers
- Educators - About 35 people
- Listeners - About 26 people remain
Almost 1000 individuals under the age of 13 still being educated.
An uncertain number of people are not under any category, or undeclared as any category. This documentation does not cover people considered Hallominian who are outside the city's walls, nor mercenaries or personal armies.
"What do we do with all the people who are outside the city walls? The mercenaries? The private armies?"
"They're not in the city walls. The Census is about the city's population inside the walls."
"Do we have everyone?"
"The ones who matter."
Young Master (or Mistress) (preferably three of them)
Peat Hallomin of the Hallomin Family is specifically educated in matters of military and law in Hallomin City, but is also the Head of Personnel Relations, and thus took on additional education in health and diplomacy.
Non-Family Members of the Government
Security Branch of Hallomin City
Servants are individuals responsible for the The Hallomin Family, and are the only ones who are allowed to lay eyes upon Family members without legal punishment. Servants are never seen in Hallomin City without being in the presence of a Family member.
Management Branch of Hallomin City
Responsible for the operation of the City, The Hallomin Family. The Overseer is personally responsible for maintaining the budget and ensuring there is always an income flowing into the city, though has been more responsible for creating the budget and managing the people of the city.
Hallomin City's Personnel Relations
- The Servant Educators instruct the on how to properly protect and serve the Families.
- The Factory Law is the organization who investigates City crimes and adjudicating the cases.
- Exportation is the department responsible for selling the Soplas. and other mined materials from Hallomin City to other nations of
- Production is the department responsible for providing goods for Importation to sell. In Hallomin, this means Production handles the preparation for the transportation of to the other Cities and anyone willing to pay the prices the city demands.
- The Department of Intelligence has never been confirmed, only referred to as being the Editors of the . Rumors, however, suggest that members of the Hallomin family have somehow acquired means of poisoning or making people otherwise disappear.
- write the law for the to spread once approved by or . Code Writers also pass along written Codes suggested by Investigators, Upkeep, and Mechanics to be potentially approved, if the Writers approve of the suggestions passed up to them.
- are the ones who investigate and present the evidence to the courts run by the .
- provide what Production has said they need to complete their productions. This includes tracking down and licensing incoming . Acquisitions also inspects products Importers bring in.
- are those who ensure the city is functional, as well as inspecting everything to make sure they follow the structural codes and suggest possible additions to the codes to maintain the city's ability to continue operations.
, the Living News
- Those who share the information of Council of Families and make sure citizens know what is truly going on in their homes. An Info-Speaker is forbidden by law to speak or print a lie, as this is also used as a means of protecting them in the case of informing the citizens of unpopular decisions. They are considered to be living news.
- In Hallomin, the are generally not found outside of the of Hallomin.
- Under the supervision of The Five Cities, Hallomin City's mines are not under threat of constant flood-tides and the subsequent threats of drowning, but mines are still under threat of cave-ins. , Miners mine in the mines. Unlike the other four of the
- Importers bring goods in from outside the city. Importers are generally seen as the greatest source of dissent because they travel from other cities to bring their original city's influence to wherever they go. Whenever there is dissent, rumors tend to spread of Importers being members of their original city's Department of Information.
- Mechanics repair what needs to be fixed mechanically. In Hallomin, the mechanics mostly work in the refineries.
- Workers ensure the city is still running or expanding as it should be to provide adequate housing. In many ways, Workers have the broadest range of trades and occupations.
- Educators teach the young how to be productive and content employees of the city. In Hallomin, however, Educators are seen as general sources of occupational displeasure, and any lessons outside of city repairs or mining are disregarded by the adults of children the Educators are charged with teaching.
- Listeners help resolve personal issues they're approached with, as well as redirection to the truth instead of the lies from outside the city. More than Educators, Hallominians distrust Listeners, and have unofficially exiled many Listeners from their city.
The city below can be sealed off from the outside, while an escape out to the surface is available, though it does cross the Cities-Theydim Border.
Industry & Trade
Most sewage is flooded out with the mining waste, or is removed reusing the old mine-waste routes.
Guilds and Factions
The cause of the shortage of heirs stems from a distrust between once close siblings who ran the city generations ago before one began to suspect the other of trying to take over the city. This old legend suggests one of the siblings began murdering each other until only one was left, until the cycle repeated with the next generation.
This legend is only a legend, and retelling it is cause for to take an interest in the person reciting the tale. No would repeat it, and Info-Speakers are forbidden to lie.