We're no strangers to the power of friendship in the world of fantasy!
Perhaps the real treasure is the Tomies we made along the way...
Companions Through Thick and Thin
Adventuring parties, unlikely friendships, and deep bonds — companionships of all kinds are staples throughout fantasy media, and there's nothing we love more than seeing the relationships develop between characters, whether through growth, triumph, or tragedy, or anything in between and beyond. We see it in our video games, in the movies we watch, and in the campaigns we embark on together at a table rolling dice. Everywhere we look, there is companionship to share, and relationships to build and explore. We even see it here in our chapter, as an unlikely crew of once-strangers from all over the world gathered under the badge and banner of the Seven Tomes, to create and share fantastical worlds with one another!
WorldAnvil Stream & Community Inspiration
There are so many classic examples of companions in fantasy media, and we've gone over quite a few of them throughout WorldAnvil's streams preparing us for the Treasured Companions challenge! So many timeless friendships and adventures, that simply wouldn't be the same without these captivating companionships! There's no way I've grabbed them all, but here are a whole bunch of great examples of media featuring companions of all kinds! Some obvious, some outside the box, but all treasured.
- How to Train Your Dragon — Hiccup & Toothless
- Sherlock Holmes — Sherlock & Watson
- Doctor Who — The Doctor & Various Companions
- Dresden Files — Harry & Bob
- Encanto — Casita & Family
- Lord of the Rings — Sam & Frodo, & Fellowship
- Star Wars — C-3PO & R2-D2
- The Golden Girls — The whole group!
- Arcane — Jinx & her trauma/visions
- Avatar: The Last Airbender — Gaang, Iroh & Zuko
- Batman: Wayne Family Adventures
- Steven Universe — Steven & Connie, & Gems
- The Owl House — Luz & Friends
- Knight Rider — K.I.T.T.
- Tenacious D and the Pick of Destiny — J.B. & Kage