(()) = unknown at the time. Jorm’s name is Yorm.
- Act I
- Lifted away from a ruined building amidst an unnatural desert by a lady ((Tia Aro)) on a dragon ((Taho)). Not knowing what to do with Jake, she takes him to Prohweda University. She tells him to attend classes here until she can figure out something ((she pays for his enrolment with some strings pulled as the head of the vanguard, saying he was a lone survivor of a Sohpes attack which has never been heard of before. She found him by Taho noticing his aura on a routine scouting of the sohpes’s abnormal migration.))
- Confused and without memory, jake wanders about the campus and stumbles across a person fiddling with a broken clock, they being alone in a classroom. Noticing jake coming in, they ask for help, to which he obliged. She shows him what to do with a wave of her wand and some words, having the clock float for a second with the broken parts whirling around, then falling. She is studying before classes start, a spell to break apart things then another to put them back together. Jake, without a wand and without an understanding of the words used, tries to force his will upon the clock to fix it. It works and she is amazed that he was able to do this without words or wand ((later found the people of Raehyr are told they are only able to use Ghoa (magic) with a physical catalyst and words (both catalysts that only help but aren’t needed in casting ghoa she does not know you can use ghoa without a wand, and a wand is only given by parents when they deem the child is ready (sort of like a right of maturity)))
- Eventually jake is found by a professor who was assigned to show him around, then is taken to his dorm.
- At first he is alone in his dorm, but a last minute applicant for the school enters and has no room left in any other dorm, so she is sent to live in his dorm, Vaelr. Vaelr is an emu humi with white curled hair. Jake learns quickly that Vaelr does not respect privacy.
- As classes don’t start for another two months, Jake is free to wander and explore the campus. On his explorations, he discovered a strange door that has a different aesthetic than all the others. Curious he enters, leading to a staircase downward and a hallway. Compelled by some other force ((later found to be Jorm and their connection already started)) he enters, closing the door behind him. ((the door is an illusion and only through his hallucinations does he see it (others don’t see it)))
- Beyond another door, he meets Kelnor resting in the abandoned subterranean room. At first jake is terrified, but then he hears Kelnor speak to calm him. Amazed the great black dragon can speak and is kind, he speaks back. Kelnor (having the color to remove his communication, is astonished and slightly terrified that jake can understand what he’s saying.
- during that night, jake dreams of his encounter with Shia, the battlezone, and shia coming down from the heaven, and the three robed men ((this was not his memory but of the body he took))((this was during an insurgency, and the chancellor's sent soldiers to capture or kill the rebelling people (the battle zone). As everyone suddenly disappeared that day, only jake has the memory what actually happened. The three robed figures where old chancellors. Sohpes soon consumed the land shia had entered, removing all traces of her. As for others who saw her come down, they thought it an anomaly, not knowing it was her.))
- the next day, jake goes back to the door, to see if he couldn’t speak to kelnor again. He finds the door and passes through unnoticed. Through the encounter, jake learns of ghoa, and asks kel to teach him. Kel’s lessons include holding a rock in the air for extended periods of time and meditation. Jorm shows off his strength by lifting kel (telepathically).
- Meet “friends” along with Ealx while reading in the library (waiting for kel to come back from his flight).
- Jake comes to kel a bit early, having woken up early from bad sleep. He finds the room empty and, after waiting and pondering a bit, is met by jorm. Jorm informs jake that kel has been taken out to fly, for his exercise. Jorm also states how fascination he finds jake, and his abnormal ability to talk with kel (and his talking of things foreign to him such as shia or his misunderstanding of ghoa).
- A few days later, jorm convinces the other fairies to reveal themselves to jake, and he is introduced to their hill in the cave, and the cave mouth being in the forest to the north. (mountains being to the south and south east, and town being west.
- from a faint feeling, jake wishes to become more draconic and changes his arm into that of a Keuh drake. He does this with kelnor and has trouble changing his arm back. Kel tells jake to not do such a thing, lest he be ridiculed or worse from the other humi. Jake asks why, and kel tells of the treatment of other creatures, and of his mothers attempted escape. Jorm pipes in, saying a fairies innate ability to hide themselves from humi (and other rela) is more than just from raehyr.
- “Friends” find out jake can tame any animal ((not knowing he’s actually talking to them)) and decide to play a prank on him. On a stage in at an impromptu gig, they release a gorgon on him, expecting him to tame it before it bites him. He does and finds it’s young and scared ((this gorgon being Carrin)). A teacher, who was attending to make sure nothing went too wild, guides jake back to her habitat. Jake consoles her nerves, and when the arrive apologies for the ordeal and the way the humi treat her. Jake’s met with a teacher who followed him and is both impressed and suspicious of him. Because no one was hurt he lets Jake of with a warning, but jake has to talk to the headmaster about the incident.
- with the gorgon and a few more instences, jake realises his “friends” were more toying with him than being actual friends. He confronts them in an empty bathroom and they try to beat them up, but Jorm prevents this. So they leave, with Ealx staying to apologize.
- Ealx later approaches jake saying she abandoned them seeing how cruel they could be. She also introduces him to her new friend, Maeri.
- While jake is making his way to kel, he’s met by maeri and has a chat with her. Maeri asks what jake wants to be (what degree) and jake answers that he’s unsure. Jake then asks maeri who responds that she wants to be a seer or sight broker or something similar.
- Act II
- Might Add
- Jake, unable to sleep, wanders to the balcony of the castle that overlooks the river and forested mountains. Just messing with his magic confused to what it’s limits are and contemplating what it meant, he is seen by a junior student who is amazed he can use magic without a wand. Paseht, after talking to jake, takes a liking to him and wishes for jake to teach him how perform without wand or word.
- Jake finds another illusion (asking Jorm what was with the weird hallway that goes through impossible space (the hallway going through a classroom) and he didn’t see the hallway. The go to the hallway, and to the door at the end.). The door is locked so Jorm phases them though. Jorm having the ability to easily pass through doors and to some extent, walls. He learned to do this because when he was young he loved to explore Prohweda but had trouble with humi closing doors((this ability is also due to the influence of the heart of keva)). They enter and discover the surface of the Labyrinth of Keva. after basking in the beauty, they leave as they had plans.
- the whole campus becomes abuzz when the chancellor decides to visit. Jake, among the interested, stalks the chancellor and his followers to see what they were doing in their halls. He sees them go towards the illusioned wall before being shooed away. Jorm comes to the conclusion that they must be sealing the door the broke through.
- In the library, jake looks for and discovers a ghoa to make him invisible. He mis-learns it and becomes unseeable, unless they are looking for him rather than completely invisible.
- Might Add
- Classes start, jake finds he has animal husbandry and alchemy with Ealx and combat training with Maeri. (he also has basic Ghoa alone that he excels in as he doesn’t need a wand and a wand only helps him. ((this is because he has not been taught that he can't do things unless having a wand, like a new child learning to walk before being told they can't without a cane))
- With jake’s commencement with his classes, the fairies, with a branch from their tree, fashion a wand for jake to appear normal. This is also when jake learns of catalysts, the thing the fairies made for him. Not everyone uses wands, some use staves, books, or even gloves.
- First is his general ghoa class, where he discovers the professor who lead him and carrin back was the professor for that class. The first ghoa they learn is a disassembling ghoa the first week and re-assembling the next.
- ealx finds jake already ad the alchemy class, and sits next to him. Through the year, it’s mainly ealx that helps jake with the alchemy. Their teacher is a small woman who doesn’t seem to care what the students do, as long as they do their work and provide results.
- With jake’s animal husbandry, he is tasked to take care of a small Velur along with a stranger, who claims the animal for the weekdays and leaves Jake with it on the weekends (Jyjuz). The first half of the class they are charged with taking care of a unicorn, jake pares with Ealx, while the second part is mostly lectures. Ealx learns of jake’s ability to talk to animals ((truly just understand them, bypassing their colors with his hallucinations)). This leads to jake introducing her to Kelnor, Jorm, and the rest. This class also gives jake an opportunity to chat with Carrin every now and then.
- after testing students strength for the combat class (test being to try and push the professor over) jake and maeri are paired together having close enough strength. Maeri is naturally more gifted, the only reason jake is pared with her is everyone else has to use catalysts as a crutch. Maeri was taught by her mother (in disobedience with the laws) to perform ghoa without a catalyst)
- Act III
- Might Add
- Paseht finds jake in the lunch room, and brings his friends to the corner where jake ate. Paseht then introduces his club, and how jake would teach them to use ghoa without a catalyst. Jake, despite the irritation of not being told, goes along with it. Every Wojuz and Kajuz, they are able to use the gymnasium, after classes, to their heart's content. The professor to oversee the club is jake’s ghoa professor, and is mostly hands off, letting the students do whatever. Since Paseht wanted to get ahead of his classmates, he only let a few people know what they were doing, making the club only a handful of bodies. Maeri and Ealx join, and jake teaches everyone with how kelnor taught him. Other members, mostly first years, practice the disassemble and reassemble ghoa on wooden dummies.
- Might Add
- In the library, jake learns of a ghoa to have him walk on air. When he tries it he sees it is much like skates, and uses it as such to get from class to class more speedily and efficiently.
- in his general ghoa class, jake learns of aiul, and accidently morphs his wand to his aiul, permanently.
- Jake wanders to Kelnor’s enclosure, not knowing where it truly was as the door he entered to get to the room was on another side of the school. He comes into a door with a huge tarp put over a great, and walks down, Jorm saying this being the way to go (telepathically but unknown to jake). At the bottom he meets Haga, Kelnor being underground behind an illusioned rock to the room.
- The fairies are in a tizzy as Mangora makes her new nest at their tree in their garden. (her story is that her previous home was destroyed by humi who built on her forest. The Humi had been driven from their homes due to the Sohpes. The humi had driven them out so aggressively, she had lost her pack other than two from her litter, Hio and his brother. She imprints on the forest of Prohweda university, making it her new home.
- Act VI
- Might Add
- now with classes, jake is only able to visit kel on weekends, as both have things to do in the weekdays (kel being flown around to exercise him). Kel is taken to fly in the sky, used in classes, and is needed to be shown to the public. Because of this, when jake is bored he either goes to the library to read (this being confusing for him as what he thought were fictional stories where actual text books describing the world he truly was in) go going to the side of the school and practicing archery at the archery range.
- jake runs off to the forest and is consoled by mangora. She mentions on her only knowing he was there because of her ties with the forest. She mentions that if she weren’t looking for him, she doubts she could have found him. ((this being the first mention of jake’s hiding ability. The reason he’s able to pass through doors unnoticed is because he doesn’t want to be noticed, hiding from those who don’t look for him.))
- Might Add
- Jake, not wanting to be with anyone else, runs of to the only place he knows he can be alone, the Labyrinth of Keva. For some reason the door was unlocked and he goes and floats in the pool. He’s dragged under and loses consciousness. He comes to with two black creatures semi-bipedal with long fearsome jaws and glimmering eyes, Urie. The creatures welcome him and try to feed him, though jake is much bigger than they and is cramped in their hole. There’s a sudden quake which the creatures seem to inured to. They inform jake of the labyrinth’s nature, of how it shifts shape on a regular basis. The creatures decide to take jake to the head Ayabba’aru, Mel'amal to help jake get back to the surface. Knowing one of the Ayabba’aru’s routines, they hail them down and they take jake towards Mel’amal. Jake, being a humi, has to take frequent breaks and surface for air, irritating his guid slightly and making the journey longer and with the danger of them being placed further away when the shift happens. Jake is bit by an electric beast and goes unconscious again ((this only happening in his hallucinations, and the scars on his body disappearing after he breaks free)).
- Jake wakes up in the home of Meal’amal (to jake mel’amal appears as a classic merman, and his wife a mermaid.). Jake’s informed by Rieyaqa he’s been out for many days, them worried he would not wake. She calls over for Meal’amal. After jake gains his strength, several days of talking with Meal’amal and his family, he’s invited to a banquet Meal’amal threw (this being spur of the moment kinda shindig.). Jake attends and eats with them, quiet as Meal’amal chats up anyone and everyone and everyone has a good time. After everyone leaves, Mel’amal wishes to personally take jake back to the surface (mel’amal and his family like jake because of his wild stories (later found that to them they truly were wild due to his hallucination). Also that jake was their only contact of the outside world for generations).
- Jorm is found waiting for jake at the surface, joyous at his return. Jorm had a feeling where jake was, but was too timid to explore the labyrinth ((this feeling being their becoming familiars)).
- Act V
- jake is back just in time for an exam at his combat class (mid term) and jake pares off with maeri for a glorious fight. Since it is also a spectacle for others, some students (such as Paseht) came to watch. Maeri wins without much effort (but more than if she fought other students). Some came to maeri as recruiters for their combat-oriented degree/program.
- Jake is called to the headmasters office, and is interrogated for his absence. The reason he was interrogated was also due to their findings of his shady enrollment.
- Might Add
- Ealx finally mentions her noticing how good jake is with the unicorn they care for. Jake, wanting to share more, explains how he’s able to “talk to animals”. He takes her later that day to meet Kelnor.
- Jake finally musters the courage to talk to Carrin again. When he arrives, he’s shocked to find carrin had grown to maturity within the few weeks that they’d been apart. Jake then has a chat with carrin’s mother Sisor
- Might Add
- Tia comes to the university to recruit more members for the vanguard (and to check with jake). As the vanguard consists of humi and “animals” alike, carrin and kelnor both apply and join the class for the vanguard. Tia picks around 15 humi and 5 “animals” for her class, and removes the animals collars during the class, a big no no that she does to try to change the tide of the country. This is discovered by jake when he comes to the room to find 20 students listening to tia lecture. Tia also rolls in mangora to help her teach, mainly to strengthen the students while she has other duties to attend to.
- Might Add
- Tia decides to use (after finding out about it by carrin) and revamp the room. She makes the brick floor into grassy ground, adds a ditch and directs the river to flow around the edges, and adds Chuwar to lighten the room better. This revamping of the room breaks into Tol’s labyrinth by accident. After talking with tol, who is more confused and dazed from years of solitude, they quickly make friends with him. He grows a tree in front of where they broke into his labyrinth.
- though strings pulled (and lies told) tia manages to sign up jake as one of kelnor’s fliers. One of the first things they do is visit the area of haga’s last stand. The trees around where still burnt, and kel laments on whether or not to leave.
- Might Add
- Two students follow jake and make it to the door to the room. After their banter with each other, maeri, ealx, and Paseht come up behind them and after talking drive them off (making them promise to keep their mouths shut).
- group spends time chatting, meari creates her chair, ealx, jake, and jorm sit on carrin’s lap, and others sit on the roots of the tree, just chatting about life (others being tol, kel, Paseht, and two other student)
- with mangora’s and tol’s help, they expand the room to an artistic dome to act as a house for mangora, her children, the fairies, kelnor, and haga. It also acts as a training ground for jake and tia’s class.
- Act VI
- Might Add
- With Tol’s help, they travel from the room to Tia’s house and have dinner with Taho and their butler goblin (he’s able to speak along with Taho due to Tia’s rank and that the goblin is kept secret) (dinner is with Ealx, Jake, Tia, Taho, Tol, Kelnor, Jorm, and Mangora). After they eat, ealx goes back to her dorm with maeri, jaking wanting to say something but doesn’t.
- Might Add
- While just having fun on a weekend in the room, they are assaulted by Rebka's intrusion.
- Rebka broke into the university and caused great fear and destruction. The headmaster expels jake for this, and all the other problems his presence seemed to have caused. Before jake was to be taken away (to prison as he was a foreign person) tia comes to him and the others in the room, demanding the leave. Jake does leave, but brings kel and carrin with him as he promised. Jorm goes along too, promising not to leave jake’s side. Hio, seeing a way to travel away safely and find his own forest and pack, tags along. Tia also reveals to jake why she enrolled him in the school in the first place. 1. Would keep him hidden in the masses and in one place for her to keep tabs on. And 2. maeri , tia’s daughter, attended there and would be her eyes. She knew jake was abnormal as no one in recorded history has survived the passing of a sohpes blanket, let alone during.
- Along the path away from the school (traveling along the river south-south east), rebka assaults them again. With tia and taho there, they actually fend her off, but she eventually overpowers them and knocks them out. She comes directly to jake, trying to get through to him. After they look deep into eachothers eyes, jake’s memories come rushing back. Rebka & Jake’s story Each of them exist in the others universe, though mysteriously the other universe’s counterpart doesn’t have a past.
- it takes a bit, a long bit, but jake eventually convinces the party of rebka’s intentions and their relationship. This is also when when carrin truely discovers her nya, having this feeling of knowing jake was telling the truth. This remembrance also removes jake’s hallucinations, revealing how everyone truly looked (kel having blue scales rather than black). Even after the start building, because of rebka’s monstrous being and their introductions, all the others keep a skewed eye. Jake then explains to the group how he and rebka met and their journey together (jake’s perspective with rebka’s comments of her perspective). The group doesn’t trust rebka for a long time, but eventually come around as they all get to know each other.
In rebka’s world she met jake in a forest on the outskirts of south-eastern Ivaonoi. She found Jake praying at a glowing shrine in the woods. She was curious about what he was doing, but stayed hidden. Something had let her guard down, enough to be noticed. Jake welcomed her with open arms. On jake side he was also in the woods, though not at a shrine. He was alone to contemplate things, what his purpose in the world was, what others meant to him, and other grandiose existential things. That’s when he heard someone else there, and saw Rebka.
In both worlds they saw the other worlds counterpart, jake seeing rebka in her scales and rebka seeing jake in his color. They weren’t frightened of each other, both a feeling of longing and the knowledge that eachother was preposterous had them begin to talk.
Jake takes her to his home, a cabin doubling as a crafting shop in kald, and an apartment in the other world. Others notice their partners in each respective world, seeing rebka as a regular human and jake as an Oqmi Humi. It is only rebka and jake who see each other as their others world’s true version.
Over the course of a year they grow close, jake proposing to rebka and them marrying within the month of their engagement. The wedding had little fanfare, really only a proclamation of their devotion from one to another, only involving jake’s family in his world and a simplistic ritual in Kald.
They tell each other of their world, the other unable to see it, and they come to the idea that if they can connect in this way there must be a way from one of them to cross over to the others world.
In Jakes world they use the internet to try and find a solution, and in Rebka’s world they travel to Koaga to find a solution. They spend months combing through many many tombs, living as helpers to the building and its residents, Jake taking an absorbent amount of time off in his world, getting fired. They prove unfruitful until, Rebka and he discover a passage in a random book of fairy tales in Rebka’s world at the same time they find a webpage with the exact same fairy tales. The ending of the fairy tale seems out of place, a rabbit opening a door to get to a fox. With the internet, they are able to find the author, discovering their house had been made into a fairly famous clock museum in a country over the sea.
With what money jake had left, the set off to visit this place. Though they did not move in jake’s world during their travel to koaga, they did travel in both worlds when going to the museum. In Rebka’s world the came to an unexplored part of Sornata’s great city, chrystalyn structures long abandoned and decrepit. When the come to the museum, the come to a large, unharmed, tower. They use some of the little money they had to gain admittance to the museum, being drawn to the basement. In Rebka’s world the scale the tower. In the basement is a locked and chained black door, and at the top of the tower is a Tuumon Kova. In both worlds rebka opens the door, revealing their other side. Rebka, “There she was, looking at Jake for the first time. And by his side was… herself? She didn’t look like her, a colorful Humi draped in expensive garb. Yet she knew, she knew she was looking into her own eyes. She was frozen in awe and fear, what had they done, how was this possible. Before she could make a move, both Jakese had reached out to touch the boundary, creating a burst of light that knocked her unconscious.” Rebka spent the rest of the months trying to find jake, using the ring of their marriage as a means for sightbrokers to guide her in the right direction. This is the same time jake was amnesiac, unaware of her worry.
Things not known yetthe abnormalities in space in prohweda is due to the influence of the heart of keva.
The reason others followed jake as a leader, despite his solidarity, is his drive to do things. That he goes and does things despite what others may say or think is why people follow him. And rebka is like that, but with the personality to boot is why others came around to following her (after getting over her mixed breed).
Jake’s hallucination let him see through illusions (such as kel’s door, door to labyrinth of keva, kel’s black coloring, and the collars effects). The body jake took over has lingering memories, allowing jake to speak thoos easily. When rebka comes, she has a bit of a stumble learning the language, thus would speak agar with jake for convenience. This is also where the memory of shia comes from. Jake had virtually no mental wall while he was humi, and has a weak one as a drake. One of the reasons jorm followed him around was because he was so open, looking at all the strange memories and knowledge he had. He then felt pity on jake and his naivety and protected him from others when he could.