Vlad narrowed his eyes. In his hand, he twiddled with a quill. Setting it down, Vlad leaned forward, tucking his fingers together, a scowl on his lips.
Vladimir Tepes: "So, you think you have what it takes to become Emperor, do you? What an utter fool."Vlad let out a hollow chuckle.
: "You raised me as your heir. I have every right to claim the throne and if I have to, I'll challenge you for it."A snarl left Kěith. For years he had tollerated his father's abuse.
Vladimir Tepes: "I'd like to see you try. Perhaps you could deminstrate for the empire just what kind of emperor you would be. I bet you'd enjoy making boys line up to-"
: "Believe what you may, Father, but I am taking the throne. It is my birth right as your only heir."
Vladimir Tepes: "What about Léhä?"Vlad shot out of his seat, pointing a spindly finger at Kěith's face.
: "You know exactly why. She's not the offspring of you and Mama."
Vladimir Tepes: "Do not mention her, you worthless spawn!"
Table of Contents
My Lord (Informal)
DutiesThe emperor's power is mostly limited to feudal nobles and other powerful men and women in their monarch. Emperors are sworn in with an oath to fulfill their responsibilities, especially to the monarch, although the details of the oath vary from one empire to another.
- Emperors have a special seal used to stamp official documents. This signified that the document was genuine.
- Emperors are expected to lead their men into battle.
- Emperors also claim their right to rule by the Fates in order to maintain control.
- Only when the emperor runs out of money or when an army is needed for war are more taxes imposed among the people.
- Emperors sought approval from the church and the dark priests.