The Oneiric Calendar
The Oneiric Calendar closely aligns with the planet's 248.895-day orbital rotation, featuring an average year length of 248.9 days. The calendar is primarily structured with 5 days in a week, 4 weeks in a month, and 12 months in a year, and it incorporates a leap year system to maintain the desired orbital rotation.
Click Me for Calendar!
The Oneiric Calendar
StructureThe Oneiric Calendar consists of 249 days in a standard year, with each month comprising 20 days. Nine of the twelve months have an additional day, which is dedicated to celebrating a public holiday. The 5-day week includes 4 workdays and a weekend day.
MonthsThe 12 months of the Oneiric Calendar are as follows:
- Slumbertide (21 days)
- Frostwane (20 days)
- Blossomrise (21 days)
- Dreamweave (21 days)
- Suncrest (21 days)
- Remembrance (21 days)
- Arcanum (20 days)
- Pathfinder (21 days)
- Starlit (21 days)
- Harvestfall (20 days)
- Unity (21 days)
- Night's Rest (21 days)
Days of the WeekThe Oneiric Calendar has 5 days in a week:
- Vision Day
- Æther Day
- Weaver Day
- Soul Day
- Restful Day (weekend)
Leap Year SystemTo account for the planet's 248.895-day orbital rotation, the Oneiric Calendar incorporates a leap year system. Every 10 years, one day is removed from the second month, Frostwane, resulting in a 248-day leap year.
Public HolidaysThe Oneiric Calendar features nine public holidays, each falling on the 21st day of the respective months. The public holidays are designated as no-work days in the Ochal Confederacy. When such a day falls on Restful Day, the no-work day is observed on the following Vision Day.
- Slumbering Solstice 21st Slumbertide: A winter solstice celebration marking the longest night of the year, symbolizing the deep slumber of IAE and the power of dreams.
- Awakening Equinox 21st Blossomrise: A spring equinox festival symbolizing the renewal and awakening of nature after winter and the connection between dreams and the cycle of life.
- Dreamtide 21st Dreamweave: A summer holiday celebrating the influence of dreams on creativity and inspiration, with artistic performances and exhibitions.
- Astral Harvest 21st Suncrest: A fall festival coinciding with the harvest season, acknowledging the abundance provided by the land and its connection to the divine energies of the Astral Sea.
- Rite of Remembrance 21st Remembrance: A solemn day dedicated to honoring the memory of ancestors and departed loved ones, with rituals led by the Order of Dreamweavers.
- Arcana's Day 21st Arcanum: A religious event honoring the Major and Minor Arcana, with processions, prayers, and offerings made to the various deities in the pantheon.
- Pathfinders' Festival 21st Pathfinder: A cultural celebration of the four paths within the Order of Dreamweavers, showcasing the contributions of Dreamtenders, Menders, Protectors, and Astral Seekers.
- Starlit Soiree 21st Starlit: A night of festivities held under the open sky, with music, dancing, and stargazing, celebrating the celestial connection between dreams and the cosmos.
- Unity Day 21st Unity: A national holiday commemorating the formation of the Ochal Confederacy and the unifying role of the Order of Dreamweavers in bringing together the diverse peoples and cultures of the Realm.