The Hunters started out as those who hunted the darkness - basically those species that were created during the The Great War. The indiscriminate killing was wreking havoc on the magic in Tilandrial, so much that it was even felt by (the second Arch of Ignus). He helped them to found an official organization with strict rules on who they were allowed to kill, and how often. The Hunters soon became a well-respected organization instead of just a loose coalition of people.
- Hunter on High: Leader of the Hunters
- Master Hunter: Allowed to hunt any creature on the list, and allowed to put a new creature on the list
- Hunter: Usually assigned hunts by Master Hunters or the Hunter on High.
- Acolytes: Not allowed to go on hunts unless accompanied by a Hunter or higher.
- New Recruit: Can only go on hunts with a Master Hunter or the Hunter on High.
The Mark of The Hunter
Once a member reaches the level of Hunter, the back of their left hand is branded with an intricate tatoo. This tattoo is imbued with a special magic spell known only to the Hunter on High. If a Hunter is in a dire situation, they can call upon the magic in the tattoo to give them strength and magical ability far beyond what they could access on their own. The tattoo fades as the magic is used. Once the spell is activated, there is a time limit of 12 hours to use the magic contained in the tattoo. Once that time limit is over, and the tattoo has completely faded, the rush of power is gone. The spell in the tattoo siphons of a tiny portion of the owner's own magical power to store in the tattoo every single day. It is such a small portion of energy that the owner has no knowledge it is gone. It is this energy that is called upon when the spell is activated. There is a limit to how much energy the tattoo ultimately takes from it's owner, so a creature that is long lived cannot infinitely store energy. After the spell is activated and the tattoo fades, there is a time period before the tattoo is visible again. Depending on the strength of the owner, this time period could be a couple of months to two years. Since the tattoo is very unique, and creatures that are targeted by the Hunters know of it's existence, a common part of the Hunter uniform is a pair of black gloves.
For the Prosperity of Humans
- Founding Date
- Guild, Professional
- Legislative Body
- While the Hunters follow the laws set down by (Second Arch of Ignus), the Hunter on High does have the authority to add, change, or make provisions to the rules. They know, however, that should they ignore the laws set down originally, (Second Arch of Ignus) will disband them completely.
- Related Ranks & Titles
- Controlled Territories
- Notable Members
Remove these ads. Join the Worldbuilders Guild