Blessing of the Storm
When Kahiga awakes
And then the sky shall unfold, as it hath done when life arrived in world,
Kahiga the Great shall awake, as he hath done when water came to land.
Islands like Ironfoot shall behold, as the portal opens to netherworld,
Then we shall see the mountains quake, as the judgement of our good comes to end.
The Awakening of Kahiga, holy text of the Shrine of the Mountains
SummaryOnce, thousands upon thousands of years ago, our world was created by Tukod, Builder of Worlds. He created the innumerable stars, the two moons in lockstep orbits, our crimson sun, and the terra firma beneath our feet. But life did not spring up on this world he created. No, this world was too parched, too thirsty to sustain any of the things that we take for granted today. It lacked the most holy of substances: water. One hot day after another passed by, and it seemed the world would forever be this way: parched, inert, and devoid of life. However, that was not to be. One day, the massive Conflict of Demigods came to an end, and now the bruised, shattered remnants of the lesser gods arrived at the land that was this world. They saw it, dry and utterly devoid of life, and were unhappy at the terrible conditions on a world they had traveled years to reach. Nonetheless, these were not ones to give up; no, these exiled gods had no other choice but to use this planet. And so they stole from stars the light, the liquid life: the water! The holy, sacred water! They took that which they had stolen and laid it upon the planet. But the pummeling of water from the stars awoke Kahiga; Kahiga the Great. Kahiga wanted peace, peace to sleep, so He filled the oceans, and then went back to slumber under a mile of rock. The lesser gods, terrified of the power the gods had, quickly left the area, abandoning their plans to claim the planet their own. Tukod the World-Builder and his sister Kali, Donor of Peace, were pleasantly surprised that life could now blossom on the desert planet, and so they carved their intent, their standards into the rock that all mortals shall be judged against when they return.
Why does magic exist? Why is there no evidence of life, no fossils below twenty meters of digging? Why are oral legends from peoples hundreds of miles apart almost completely the same? Needs further investigation.
– Historian-Lieutenant Amesire
- The current residents of Ironfoot live in an archipelago within the Seas of Steel, which is itself on the planet 82 Eridani e, about twenty light-years from Earth.
- Approximately a million years ago, humanity immigrated to this planet after a massive interplanetary war. However, they found it uninhabitable due to lack of water.
- However, they were too far from Earth to turn back: they decided to use their mothership as a gravity tractor to bring icy asteroids on collision courses with the planet. However, that awoke Kahiga, who wanted to sleep without asteroids pummeling his planet, so he created the Seas of Steel and went back to sleep.
- The humans, scared, decided to dump their flora and fauna onto the newly-terraformed world. They also put hundreds of memory-wiped humans in, to re-witness the evolution of their species. Then they left for the planet's L5 point.
- Now, a million years later, the humans have evolved somewhat. They are still identifiable as modern-day humans, and have built medieval-level cities, but some have evolved to exploit the luck-fluctuations from the sleeping Kahiga.
Remove these ads. Join the Worldbuilders Guild