I'm an absolute failure. I mess up, I drag everyone down, and I'm never good enough. Then again, we're all just trying to live life as best as we know how, and sometimes we mess up. But you know what? That's okay! I shouldn't always blame myself, and neither should you so... Chin up, okay?Illethia Ailerion
OverviewAlthough a sorcerer of considerable strength, Illethia Ailerion is a charming young woman who works at her father's humble tavern. Aspiring for more, however, she intends to become the Astral Scholar, a powerful position given only to the most formidable sorcerer that there is. Such pursuit is one not necessarily motivated by a need for power or for some noble goal. Rather it is simply a means for Illethia to compensate towards her mother's unrealized ambitions — something the other had to sacrifice after conceiving her daughter. However, she is constantly at odds against those far stronger than her, thus perpetually finding herself at risk of failure.
As a third-tier magic user, she can learn a maximum of six spells. Universal abilities do not count.
Read List of Spells
Ethereal Flow (Universal)Triggers a surge of mana to flow throughout the mystic's body, creating a luminescent glow in their eyes. This sharpens their reflexes and agility while producing superhuman strength and activating their regenerative abilities.
Regeneration (Universal)A passive that naturally tends to open wounds. Severe injuries generally take longer to heal, but the stronger the mystic, the faster the process. There are some situations where this passive cannot operate. For example, one cannot regenerate lost limbs due to severed nerves.
Restoration (Universal)The process of transferring mana to another mystic, increasing their regenerating activity and healing them as a result. Currently at its weakest form.
Siphoning (Universal)The process of channeling mana from ley lines or through other users and souls.
Suppression (Universal)The act of weakening the flow of mana or outright concealing it. It is usually as a means to avoid detection by others but is generally ineffective against shamans stronger than the individual due to their perceptive abilities.
Time Warp (Distortion)Creates a bubble that slows down the movement of anybody and anything caught within it, except for the mystic.
Lightspeed (Distortion)Warps a caster over short distances. This spell allows the mystic to hold various advantages in battle. However, its use is very limited when a fight is drawn out, whereby a mystic is required to sustain as much mana as possible.
Starfire (Destruction)A basic spell that propels an astral ball towards an enemy.
Astral WrathLaunches a barrage of astral projectiles.
Shooting Stars (Destruction)Summons multiple glyphs above the sorcerer that shoots out a wave of astral projectiles, causing deadly explosions to any nearby enemy upon impact.
Aegis (Abjuration)Surrounds the mystic in a protective barrier and can expand in size to help shield another person. This defensive spell, however, can shatter if it absorbs too much damage.
Phantasms (Conjuration/Illusion)Creates various mirror images to confuse or deal an exponential amount of damage to an opponent. The number of phantasms that are conjured depends entirely on the caster’s level of proficiency. Since Illethia is a third-tier sorcerer, she is able to summon three.
Apparel & Accessories
Morality & Philosophy
I guess I'm just too optimistic. Or really naive. Maybe a bit of both, actually. But I'm hoping one day we'll understand each other.As much as possible, Illethia maintains a relativistic perspective, believing that nobody is truly in the wrong or the right in the grander scheme of things. Not only is she open-minded as a result but she is also idealistic because of this. Like her father, Alwyn, she hopes that the enmity between the Volaines and the Ithicans will one day subside. However considering the circumstances at hand, she knows deep down that such a thing is currently impossible. Although her capabilities as a sorcerer are deadly to anyone she encounters, she struggles to kill due to her idealism.
Virtues & Personality perks
- Book-Smart - She can use her vast array of knowledge to benefit her and other people. This makes her an excellent informant when she plays the role.
- Empathetic - Her ability to delicately deal with other people's emotions tends to draws out the best in them. She is therefore often known to be the "glue that keeps everyone together."
- Optimistic - She tries her best to see the light in things, giving her the emotional strength to move forward.
- Determined - Although disorganized and too spontaneous at times, she is nonetheless resolute towards her goals and is committed to making the necessary steps to improve herself.
- Open-Minded - She likes to expand her knowledge and apply it to herself. This not only pertains to peculiar topics from just books but also her observations of other people, such as their use of magic.
- Combat Abilities (Spell Power & Mobility) - Her mobility, as a result of her teleporting and time-warping abilities, makes her a slippery opponent. Due to her refined mental fortitude, her phantasms last for extensive periods of time, capable of performing more complex tasks instead of mere replication. This dramatically increases the spell power of her environmental attacks, but it often drains her reservoir of mana fairly quickly. Because of this, she tends to find herself at a disadvantage in drawn-out fights. Such circumstance generally requires close-combat as a last resort, which is unfortunately outside her expertise as well.
Vices & Personality flaws
- Pacficism - Unlike many of those around her, Illethia did not directly experience a wartorn environment. This caused her to develop a sense of pacifism, and while it is not inherently a negative trait, it does put her at a disadvantage. At most, she tries to put her opponents in a situation where they can no longer fight. However, she is inevitably ill-suited in situations that require the act of taking another person's life.
- Lack of Self-Care - She may be empathetic towards other people, but she fails to do the same for herself. Her innate fear of being a burden towards other people causes her to overcompensate while failing to voice her own needs. This, of course, drains her emotionally as she maintains her cheery facade.
- Fear of Failure - Due to her fear of being a burden, she cannot tolerate failure. She is known to be too hard on herself and is unable to give herself some credit.
- Prone to Self-Blaming - Like Ains, she has a habit of blaming herself, even if the situation is beyond her control.
- She likes to project a persona onto her cat, sometimes in her head and sometimes out loud.
- In the tavern, she helps her father's business by using her phantasms to clean and cook. Over the course of three years, this significantly honed her mental fortitude.
- Has a sweet tooth and especially loves mille crepe cakes. However, she isn't a fan of overly sweet things.
- She's good at remembering facts about other people. This especially includes their likes and dislikes, so that she can make them a nice birthday gift.
- She slightly raises her shoulders when she is genuinely happy.
- Usually mumbles "Happy thoughts, happy thoughts." to herself to maintain her optimism.
- She randomly hums or sings when daydreaming, but she immediately stops the moment someone points it out.
- Even when there is no reason to apologize, she often slips in a sorry.
Hobbies & Pets
Towards Illethia Ailerion
Towards Ains Ravenwood
Towards Alwyn Ailerion
Towards Illethia Ailerion
- Neutral Good
- Year of Birth
- 1055 A.E. 20 Years old
- Current Residence
- The Red Reverie
- Biological Sex
- Hazel / Violet (magic)
- Long, Ginger
- 168 cm (5'6")
- 56.7 kg (125 lb)
- Quotes & Catchphrases
- "Happy thoughts, happy thoughts."
Introduction to the Magic System
In essence, magic refers to the life force contained within one’s self and the process of harnessing it from the metaphysical plane within the individual’s mind into something tangible.
Unable to ignore the suffering of his people and the final wishes of his family, Ains will stop at nothing to restore the Volaine monarchy, even if it means resorting to morally reprehensible acts or sacrificing his personal happiness.
Seori is the Chieftess of the Nightbringer Clan who suffered a turbulent childhood through the loss of her home and family. In an attempt to salvage any semblance of her past life, however, she seeks to uncover the whereabouts of her missing cousin.
Though a virtuous ruler with noble intentions, the many years of war left Agatha jaded and cynical. It was only after betraying her morals and murdering her former friend that she ushered in an age of peace.
The Red Reverie
Welcome to the Red Reverie, weary traveler. Here you can find yourself at home, meet new faces, and enjoy a wide variety of our delicacies, all at an affordable price!
Azurlets are magical flowers native to the region of Volana. The majority of their nutrients are from mana, and as such, these flowers can survive without soil or water. Because of this, they are said to never wither.
Remove these ads. Join the Worldbuilders Guild