Ilzof Tamairii-Zari (yl.zɑfˈ tə.ɱaɪ.ˈɹi zɑ.ˈɹi)
With Zari as their mother and Orjud as their father, Ilzof seems to have been set up for success. Early on, they found a knack for transmutational magics, and in their exploration of it, initially, they rendered themselves momentarily blind. One foggy night, during an experiment, they found that they couldn't quite reform their tail in full. It took many anxiety-filled weeks for them to adapt to not having a full tail.
BelongingsDuring a dive into a local dwarven ruin, Ilzof found an odd, dwarven wrench, battered and weathered. At home, though, they discovered that there was more to it, as a series of slits indicated that there were moving parts on the handle area. Carefully maneuvering one of the parts out, a lockpick on a sturdy block of metal swung out.
Gifted by their father at their coming of age, was a kunai and a grappling hook.
AbilitiesReasonably skilled in acrobatics, learned to climb almost as well as the local Climber mirromies, has some deft fingers, knows how to hide in a disguise, has been taught, through word of mouth and early hunting traditions, knowledge of nature, and has a nearly innate grasp of magic. In addition, they also possesses their people's knack for swimming and surviving, and due to the third eye, have great perception. Through personal tinkering, they have developed a knack for traps and the like. Recently, they have put their mind towards learning a little more about Kariiha, but had been neglecting their magic proficiency a tad bit.
Ilzof Tamairii-Zari CR 1/2 (XP 200)~20 years, 5' 0", 105 lbs
N medium humanoid(aquatic) Martial Apex Shifter 1
Init +4;Senses: ;Perception +8;
DEFENSEAC 14, touch 14, flat-footed 10 (+4 Dex, +0 natural, +0 size)
HP 9(1d8+1 ConHit Die:d8;
Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +4
OFFENSESpeed 30 ft.
Melee: unarmed strike +2(1d4+2 B), tongue stab -3(1d4+1), battle wrench +2(1d4+2 B), kunai +2 (1d4+2 B/P)
Space 5 ft; Reach 5 ft
MAGICCaster Level: 1; MSB: +1; MSD: 15; Concentration +4
Tradition: Custom (Boons: -; Magic: psychic; Drawbacks: Rigorous Concentration, Emotional Casting CAM: Wis
Spell Points: 1
Alteration sphere - DC 14; Duration: concentration; Range: Medium (110 ft. Talents: vermin transformation, twisted shapeshift;
MARTIALTradition: custom; PAM: Wis
Athletics sphere - DC 14, Packages: Swim; Talents: expanded training(run, climb
Equipment sphere - DC 14, Talents: toolkit training, throwing mastery;
Scout sphere - DC 14, Talents: -;
STATISTICSStr 15(+2) Dex 18(+4) Con 13(+1) Int 15(+2) Wis 18(+4) Cha 10(+0)
Base Atk +0; CMB +2; CMD 16
Feats: Venomous soul
Skills: Acrobatics +8, Climb +6, Disable Device +9, Disguise +4, Knowledge(nature) +6, Perception +8, Stealth +8, Survival +10, Swim +6, Lore(Kariiha) +6;
Languages: Mirromish, Common, Aquan, Dwarvish
Traits: criminal(disable device), scout's eyes
Gear: kunai, hemp rope(50 ft), belt pouch, grappling hook, battle wrench
GEARDwarven Battle Wrench; price: 80 gp; weight: 3 lb(s dmg: 1d4 B; critical: 20/x3; range: -; special: Disarm(see text) ; A rugged old thing, constructed from an unknown material, it was found imbedded in the sands not far from Kariiha. The battle wrench is not simply a single tool, but is equipped with many foldable parts that allow it to double as a set of thieves' tools when performing Disable Device checks. The battle wrench's slim design makes it possible to hide with the Sleight of Hand skill.
SPECIAL ABILITIESAlteration: Shapeshifting (1 trait, DC 14) You can apply a shapeshift to yourself or another creature.
Twisted Shapeshift: Spend a spell point to deal 1d6/2 caster levels(minimum 1d6) untyped damage with shapeshifting.
• Flesh Pocket: You rearrange internal organs and muscles to create a pocket inside the target's body, usually in the abdomen. The opening to the pocket resembles a large scar. The pocket can hold creatures and objects up to two sizes smaller than the target. The target gains a +20 circumstance bonus to concealing items in their flesh pocket.
• Seal Eyes: The target must succeed at a Fortitude save or have its eyes sealed, blinding it.
• Twist Legs: The target must succeed at a Fortitude save or have one movement speed reduced by 10 feet + 5 feet per 5 caster levels (minimum 5 feet).
• Vocal Theft: The target becomes unable to speak and may not supply vocal spell components or attempt Perform checks that require singing or speaking.
• Wrench Stomach: The target must succeed at a Fortitude save or be sickened while the shapeshift lasts or for a number of rounds equal to your caster level, whichever is shorter. If you spend an additional spell point, the target is instead nauseated on a failed save and sickened for one round on a successful save.
Vermin Transformation (transformation): You may grant the form of a spider, insect, or other such creature with your shapeshift.
Limbs: 1 head, 6 or 8 legs; Speech: No; Hands: No; Speed: 30 ft. land speed and 30 ft. climb speed, both + 15 ft. per 5 caster levels; Natural weapons: bite (primary, 1d6 Medium, 1d4 Small) ; AC: +2 natural armor bonus, +1 per 5 caster level; Special: Darkvision 60 ft.
Vermin Transformation offers the following traits, which you may apply to any form: • Climb: The target gains a climb speed, as that granted by Vermin Transformation. In addition, the target does not need to attempt Climb checks to move across a vertical or horizontal surface (even if upside down). If the target already possesses a climb speed, you may instead increase the target's existing climb speed by +5 feet per 5 caster levels. [Errata'd in Gravecaller's HB]
• Poison: One natural attack deals poison on a successful attack. (Injury, save Fort DC 10 + 1/2 Hit Dice + Constitution modifier, frequency 1/round for 6 rounds, effect 1d2 Con damage, cure 1 save).
• Web: Once per minute as a standard action, the creature may throw a web, as a net with a 10 feet range increment (total range 50 feet), which is effective against targets up to 1 size larger than the creature. The Escape Artist or Strength check DC to escape is 10 + 1/2 the creator's Hit Dice + Constitution modifier, with targets already caught suffering a -4 penalty. These webs may also be laid as a trap (Perception DC 20), covering an area up to 3x larger than the creature creating it. A 5-foot section of web has hit points equal to the creator's Hit Dice and DR 5/-. A creature can move across its own web at its climb speed and can pinpoint the location of any creature touching its web. A web may support up to twice the weight of the creating creature.
Athletics: Coordinated Movement Whenever you take the withdraw action, you regain your martial focus.
Swim: You may perform the charge and withdraw actions while swimming, and can make standard actions and attack actions without decreasing the duration for which you can hold your breath. A successful Swim check means you may move up to your base land speed as a full-round action (as opposed to 1/2 your base land speed) or 1/2 your base land speed as a move action (as opposed to 1/4th your base land speed). Associated Movement Mode: Swimming. Associated Skill: Swim.
Expanded Training: Gains the Climb and Run packages.
Run: You move five times your normal speed while running if wearing medium, light, or no armor and carrying no more than a medium load, or four times your speed if wearing heavy armor or carrying a heavy load. If you make a jump after a running start (see Acrobatics), you gain a +4 bonus on your check. You retain your Dexterity bonus to your Armor Class while running. Associated Movement Mode: Ground. Associated Skill: Acrobatics. Associated Feat: Run.
Climb: You retain your Dexterity bonus to AC while climbing and may climb at half your base speed instead of one-quarter and may move at your full speed instead of half speed when taking a -5 penalty. Associated Movement Mode: Climbing. Associated Skill: Climb.
Toolkit Training (discipline): You are adept at using adventurering tools as impromptu weapons of war. You gain proficiency with the battle ladder, battle stein, battle wrench, climbing pick, fishing tackle, garrote, grappling hook, iron brush, machete, net, ten foot pole, torch, and whip.
Fast draw: You can draw a weapon as part of the action used to make an attack with it. This can be used with splash weapons, but not with other items such as potions, scrolls, or wands. You can draw a hidden weapon (see the Sleight of Hand skill) as a move action. Associated Feat: Quick Draw.
Scout Sphere: Training in the Scout sphere teaches you how to hide from danger, identify potential threats and hazards, track opponents through almost any environment, and identify a creature's key weaknesses.
Scout: As a swift action, you may identify a creature's weaknesses (DC 10 + creature's CR) as described under the Knowledge skill, but may substitute a Perception check for the appropriate Knowledge check at a -5 penalty. This only reveals the target's weaknesses, or lack thereof, (such as damage reduction types and vulnerabilities), and does not reveal any additional information about the target. Once you have succeeded at a scout attempt or Knowledge check against a target, any talents or effects that require you to scout a target may be used against the target for the next 24 hours; after this period you must successfully use the scout ability against the target again to continue benefiting from related effects.
Criminal(social trait): Though not technically a criminal, Ilzof was taught some rather dubious skills by one of the Hokenian Magisters. Disable Device +1, and it's always a class skill.
Scout’s Eyes (combat trait): You ignore the -5 penalty on Perception checks when using the Scout sphere’s scout ability.
Gillkin transmutationalist, spends their free time spelunking in coastal caves or sharpening their abilities with psionics. Played technically by one Avzin, maintained by the GM.View Character Profile