A race of small, mousy-looking humanoids, the Osnlil are widely renowned as neutral advisors and promulgators of knowledge. While often publicly visible, Osnlil are generally quite secretive. Few know much about the race as a whole, including their language
and the location their native homeland. They are frequently known to associate with and/or advocate for shifters. This divisive position doesn't seem to affect their perceived value as counselors.
Osnlil had their origin in the Third Age. They were originally derived from kinkajou
, a raccoon-related rainforest mammal. They had human and shifter DNA mixed in. The original intent was as a covert operative that specialized in stealth and accessing otherwise inaccessible areas.
In the Fourth Age, 85% of Osnlil actively use magic:
- 50% have movement abilities in the form of blink ability.
- 10% have dimensional abilities in the form of access to pocket dimensions.
- 10% have influence abilities, with 90% of these having telepathy and 10% having invisibility.
- 20% have protection abilities, always some sort of anti-damage.
- 2% have prescience, with all prescient abilities.
While the average lifespan of Osnlil is 120 years, it's not uncommon for ages in excess of 140 years to be reached. Two hundred and older is not unheard of, but is rare.
Unlike most human hybrids (including shifters) Osnlil cannot crossbreed.
They prefer upper-level trees in the rain forest.
Generally above average human intelligence.
Civilization and Culture
When among members of their own species, Osnlil generally do not wear clothing. However, they will dress appropriately for any society they walk among.