Regarding Patreon & Guild MembershipHow do I join the Patreon? (Becoming a Guild Member) Visit the World Anvil Patreon, select the tier you wish to support at, and get to worldbuilding. What are the benefits of Guild Membership? How do I upgrade my Guild Membership? Visit the Patreon page anytime to change your support tier! Upgrading brings more Co-Authors, World Slots, Subscriber Slots and more specialty features! How long does it take for my Guild Membership to take effect on the site? Patreon does not have a fancy way to handle 3rd party account creation, so our wonderful Developer Dimitris must input them by hand! This means that up to 10 hours could pass before you see your Guild Membership on the site. The man needs to sleep. Do my Co-Authors need to be Guild Members as well? Absolutely not! Only one user need be a Guild Member for Co-Authoring to work.
IngotsWhat are Ingots? Ingots are virtual currency earned and used solely in World Anvil. Guild Members earn a set amount of Ingots every month based on their support tier, starting with Grandmaster Worldsmith. What can I do with Ingots? Currently, Ingots can only be used to gift the Apprentice rank to another user in one month increments, which costs 30 Ingots.
Revoking MembershipWhat happens to my content if I revoke my Membership?
- Private worlds are accessible for Viewing only
- editing rights are removed for the User and thier Co-Authors
- Subscribers can no longer view private articles
- The User is presented with a choice to:
- re-initiate their membership to get access to edit OR
- make their World Public
- Once implemented, the User is able to ALWAYS export their data
- If the User has more than 2 non-archived worlds they will be prompted to choose 2 of them to be editable. The rest will be locked. This choice will be reversible every X number of months and will never include Private Worlds
Regarding Private WorldsIs there a way to link certain people to your private world?
- By changing the Article's state to Open in the Access Tab of the Editor
- By creating a Subscriber Group and assigning Users to it. You then select Subscriber Groups able to see an Article via the Access Tab of the Editor
Regarding Content OwnershipCan I use images I don't own? World Anvil has no rules against content ownership, but will act on behalf of the art owner if asked to, and may have to close your world temporarily until the problem art is removed as World Anvil will not directly edit your articles in any way. Best practice is to ask permission from the artist and give them credit. Can I embed images from other sites without uploading them to WA first? You cannot currently for the following reasons.
- The whole site loads in one go so your experience isn't degraded by another sites slow servers.
- With the images locally hosted, should the World Anvil Team recieve a takedown request they need only to delete the image rather than the entire article as they are not allowed per the TOS to edit your works.
In both public and private worlds the distribution of child pornography is NOT allowed. Documentary like sexual reproduction material is allowed 100%. Lewd content in private worlds is allowed.Do I own content I post? As much as you would writing it in a notepad. If a work is your intellectual property it remains as such on WorldAnvil.