Bay of Wrecks
Industry & Trade
The majority of the money the city makes comes from port fees and outfitting merchants and mercenaries with resources needed to move about the island.
The Pestle - Alchemical Supplies
Old Iron - Antiquities/Weapons/Armor
The Splendors of Forbuho - Antiquities/Potions
The Found Tome - Arcane Spellcasting Resources
Metaalys Clothing - Clothing run by an ecentric but popular Halfling
Sanctuary of the Saint Rose - Divine Spellcasting/Healing
Claw and Tooth - Exotic Beasts
Golden Forge - Weapons/Armor
Found Lands - Expedition Gear
Ugroth Prospecting - Expedition Gear
The Thrifty Explorer - Expedition Gear (Cheaper and lower quality)
The Wet Boat - Ship turned Tavern
The Charterhouse - Music/Food/Shelter
The Zombies Head - Seedy Food/Shelter
The Ship's Crow - Food/Shelter
The Bloody Ring - Pit Fights and seedier entertainment
Ruby Enclave - Situated on the west side of town
Cobalt Enclave - Situated on the east side of town
- The Bazaar District is the center of the city and it's beating heart. With the majority of shops as well as an open market there is little that cannot be bought or sold within the city. Save for the various magical artifacts and ancient relics taken from the island. The district is represented by the Merchants guild, the second largest and second most influential organization within the city.
- The Tradesman District is set at the north end of the city closest to the island itself. Here there are men and women of all species working on the various materials farmed from the island to make wondrous arms and armor for all who walk the island. Their leader is Thorin Saturday, the chief customs agent who's clerks review all that comes into the city from the island.
- Disrict of Wonders is set on the north east end of the city and apart from most of the residences save those willing to risk flame and fume. Here arcana is practiced and taught while any wonders can be purchased for the right price. Leader of the district is Harlock Saturday, an adopted Tiefling but still a member of the Saturday family.
- The Necropolis district is home to the final resting place of those who can afford it and the various churches that oversee the city's faithful. Brigitte Saturday manages the Necropolis itself and sees to it that those with the proper coin get a burial free from the machinations of Drow Necromancers. The district is on the eastern most side of the city.
- The Port District is located in the southern most point of the city right next to the Bazaar District. The Port directs most people into the majority of the city an accepts all who enter or leave. Before one can do either do they must pass by the representative Freya Saturday, Harbour Master to the Bay of Wrecks.
- Shanty District is the largest district though least powerful, home to almost half the population the Shanty is the second oldest of districts within the Bay. Found in the south eastern side of the city the homes are smaller and more affordable but crime is rampant as the watch avoids the worst streets. Zommi Saturday is the chief landowner though in truth he is a glorified rent collector. He cares not who is currently living within the homes just that they pay their taxes.
- The Captains District is home to the rich and influential members of the city. Within the western portion of the city the psudo-nobility and adventurers who retired successfully make themselves at home while dictating the social scene of the city. The district is led by Baroness Wilhelmina Saturday, former noble of the Castanet Empire she uses his training and skills to control the cities culture and wealth.
Guilds and Factions
Within the city there are two major factions and a few smaller. The Saturday Crime Family and the Merchants Guild control the majority of the city and battle among themselves for control. Within the Merchants Guild the Tradesmen have their own faction that sees to the workers of the city are properly looked after while the Merchants faction looks to squeeze every gold into their coffers. The Arcanists work within the Merchants guild but only out of necessity for wealth and materials.
Besides the two largest competitors there are both Ruby and Cobalt factions within the city vying for control of the island itself to their respective empire. The two have split the city in half between each other and half small conflicts that are beneath the notice of the rest of the city's movers and shakers.
The smallest factions that have some influence within the city are the Drow and the Captains factions. The Drow themselves are small in number but have come to the city with wealth and the promise of more in return for more information on both the dealings in Forbuho and the rest of the world beyond the island. While the Captain's of the various ships that travel back and forth between Forbuho and the rest of the world have banded together to insure their own security and prosperity.