BriefRunesmiths are people who have taken years of training and study to become proficient in the design, creation, and implementation of Runes. Their skills are highly sought after for businesses or personal use, and the price varies heavily depending on skill, demand, and specialty. The most sought after Runesmiths are titled 'Master Runesmiths' and are considered among the elite of the elite within this career. Each Runesmith typically has a school of magic that they specialize in, creating branches of skill trees for each family of runes.
What are Runes?
Runes are symbols created from the written word. They take the intent of the word or sentence used to create the rune and charm whatever the symbol has been placed on. Runes take the mana of the world, along with the mana of the Runesmith themselves to work. If a person has little magical ability, they will struggle to be a Runesmith.
Runesmiths must go through intense studies, and after graduating high-school go into specialized colleges. Their college career is multiple years long, equivalent to a nursing degree (3-4 yrs). A Runesmith must have the following knowledge:
- Must know official runes or have the capability of researching for them.
- Must be able to tweak official runes within the legal definitions to best suit the needs of their customers.
- Must keep up to date with rune laws and regulations within their work.
- Student: Still in school, studying the art of runemaking.
Apprentice: Under tutelage of a Runesmith or a Master Runesmith. They are equivalent to junior tattoo artists. They stay at this rank for a minimum of 3 years.
Runesmith: Has documentation stating that they have enough education and knowledge to have their own practice or work in a business.
Master Runesmith: Same as above, only Master Runesmiths are considered experts in the trade, and very few hold this rank.
Payment & Reimbursement
Runesmith's salary depends on three main things: the ranking, skill and difficulty of the runes that are being applied. Apprentices are almost always paid lower wages than someone who is a fully fledged Runesmith. Master Runesmiths are highly sought after, and their skills are typically only available to very well off individuals or corporate organizations.
- Alternative Names
- Smiths, Rune Workers, Runers
- This profession is legal. It is heavily monitored by the law, and if a Smith is caught breaking the law their rank will be revoked and they will be heavily fined and unable to work as a Runesmith for a period of time.
- Related Vehicles
Examples of common runes.
Remove these ads. Join the Worldbuilders Guild