Humanoid refers to a specific body plan shared by various creatures. Across the races, it is also one of the most common body types either inherently or through shapeshifting. The basic humanoid body plan has bilateral symmetry, having a front and a back end, as well as an upside and downside. The body is comprised of an upright torso with a head perched atop and four limbs attached to it. The upper limbs, or arms, end in hands which had five fingers each; the lower ones, called legs, end in feet. Humanoid fingers have multiple points of articulation, and an opposable thumb that allows for fine manipulation. The two legs are used to support the body and consistently run/walk bipedally as the main form of movement. Features
- Possess opposable appendages such as thumbs for articulate manipulation.
- Possess forward facing usually binocular vision (having two eyes)
- Possess biomechanic bipedalism - the ability to walk in an upright position.
- Possess sufficient hand eye coordination to throw an object and strike another object with it.
- Possess a well developed mind capable of complex reasoning, rational thought, abstraction, and introspection.
- Possess thin and lightly pigmented body hair that is hard to see except for mainly pigmented hair on the head, underarms, and pubic area which gives a mostly hairless appearance.
- Possess the ABO and Rh blood type systems.
- Humanoids reproduce through internal fertilization and are sexually compatible with other humanoids and liminals.
- Humanoids generally experience pleasure during coitus
- Humanoids have to breathe, eat, excrete, and sleep.
- Merfolk (on land)