Guide to BBCode Commands | Start Here! in World of Seven Seas Discussion Boards | World Anvil
Fri, Mar 24th 2023 02:54   Edited on Fri, Mar 24th 2023 11:02

Guide to BBCode Commands

In this thread you will find a summary of all of the different BBCode commands that work in the World Anvil discussion boards, as well as a quick guide to what other parts of the posts will look like that are already coded for you. A comprehensive guide to BBCode on World Anvil (including some things I haven't included here) can be found here.  

Basic Text Formatting

Code:

[b]Text using bold[/b]
[i]Text using italics[/i]
[u]Text using underline[/u]
[s]Text using strikethrough[/s]
This [redacted:4] is redacted
[small]This is smaller[/small]
This is [sup]superscript[/sup]
This is [sub]subscript[/sub]
Now I can display [noparse][b]BBCode tags[/b] with the noparse tags.[/noparse]
[dc]T[/dc]his is a fancy drop cap to put in the first line of your article. Looks better with a longer paragraph!
Results:

Text using bold
Text using italics
Text using underline
Text using strikethrough
This ████ is redacted
This is smaller
This is superscript
This is subscript
Now I can display [b]BBCode tags[/b] with the noparse tags.
This is a fancy drop cap to put in the first line of your article. Looks better with a longer paragraph!

Text Alignment

Code:

[left]This text is aligned to the left (default alignment)[/left]

[center]This text is in the center[/center]

[right]This text is in the right[/right]

[justify]This text is justified on both sides. This visually works best with paragraphs of text and can look fantastic when formatted into columns as demonstrated further on in this guide. Putting justify BBCode around a body of text will automatically stretch the spacing out to fill a space rather than have the edges of a paragraph at different lengths.[/justify]

[concol]This text is in the center with wide margins. This also works best with paragraphs or texts so you can better see the margins[/concol]
Results:

This text is aligned to the left (default alignment)

This text is in the center

This text is in the right

This text is justified on both sides. This visually works best with paragraphs of text and can look fantastic when formatted into columns as demonstrated further on in this guide. Putting justify BBCode around a body of text will automatically stretch the spacing out to fill a space rather than have the edges of a paragraph at different lengths.

This text is in the center with wide margins. This also works best with paragraphs or texts so you can better see the margins

Already Coded Boxes

When you post a message, you will be able to fill in the following categories that are already coded for you:
This is what dice rolls look like. | 1d4, 1d6, 1d8, 1d10, 1d12, 1d20, 1d100
4, 1, 8, 7, 5, 5, 95
Fri, Mar 24th 2023 03:26

Layout Boxes

Code:

[quote]This is a quote.|Author[/quote]

[spoiler]This content is hidden (but it can be revealed with a button)|Button label (optional)[/spoiler]

[aloud]This text is to be read aloud[/aloud]

[code]This text looks like code[/code]
Results:

This is a quote.
— Author

Button label (optional)
This content is hidden (but it can be revealed with a button)

This text is to be read aloud

This text looks like code