My overall intention is to write in the order of 20,000 to 30,000 words through a combination of articles, chronicles, short stories, and micro-stories.
Broadly, these writings will be split across two to three worlds.
The World of Acuthan
Set up just before Summer Camp 2020 and the focus for that event, for various reasons I have not written anything further for this world. The plan for WorldEmber 2020 is to flesh it out in the following way:
- provide a coherent overview of the World and provide some insight into each of the countries within the region of focus - the world and regional maps will be updated where necessary
- outline the predominant philosophies, scientific level, and religions of the region
- detail a timeline for the region/world that sets out a clear historic series of major events giving a context for the nature of the world in terms of its environment, people, philosophies, etc.
- set out a conlang for the region - likely to be outline rather than detailed
Short and Micro Stories
I left a number of story hooks during Summer Camp and I aim to continue these in WorldEmber. The most likely stories are:
- Zombie Girl - the sequel to Zombies Don't Cry. This will concern the investigation into the North Island Reserve and more by Seth Hedra.
- Betrayal - a story regarding the Adhani people that were the subject of two articles during Summer Camp, namely, The Spirit Shroud and Final Birth Day. This story will explore the nature of the culture and beliefs of these people.
- Revelation - this follows the story of Shade, who appeared in the article The Key to Titans Gate.
On a whim I produced a character during Summer Camp called Silas Green
, sometimes referred to as 'Stinky'.
Silas is a cosmic observer of some 900,000 years and during WorldEmber will provide his take on events that are of higher importance to the region, world, and wider universe; though no doubt he will sometimes provide a commentary on more mundane matters that he finds either amusing or infuriating. These will all be set out in a series of chronicles and aim to add a sense of depth and flavor to the World.
I have decided to produce newspapers across the region that detail the newsworthy events on Acuthan. I will still do this at some point in the future, but have decided that this is appropriate once more of the world is fleshed out.
Several characters were born during Summer Camp and it is about time that I set out more of their personalities, motivations, and significance for the World. Key inclusions are:
There are others that may be added to this list, either those from Summer Camp or brand new ones that may arise from new articles and stories.
I have set up two further worlds (but not got beyond Meta articles for one and not even that far for another). These are:
Set on Earth starting on December 25 in the year 2299, Mission One is a science fiction world that is an account of Humankind's greatest adventure as it launches itself into deep space.
I have completed inspiration and foundation articles for this world and no further. Should time allow I have a couple of ideas that may be developed during WorldEmber.
The Isles of Albion
This world is set in what is now the modern nations of the United Kingdom and of Ireland and will explore their myths and legends. Alterations and twists will be applied to them for dramatic effect whilst still trying to remain true to their history and meaning. Early examples of articles and stories are likely to be:
- Giants of the Isles - focused on what is now Northern Ireland and Scotland
- Robin Hood - the true story...
- Chime hours - why some have the ability to see ghosts...
- Sin eaters - taking on the sins of the recently deceased to steer their way to heaven...
This project is more likely to take off from January 2021 but if something catches my mind in December, it may make an appearance.
Whilst writing 20,000 to 30,000 words is not a major target of itself, I foresee that the thinking required before they can be successfully written is a big challenge, especially given I intend to write stories during the event.
The plan will be kept under review as I go to ensure that I produce completed works that progress my worlds.