The Treaty of Thronehold is the treaty initiated by King Kaius III
, signed in the former Galifaran capital of Thronehold
on 11 Aryth 996YK
(now commemorated as Thronehold Day), between the surviving four of the Five Nations
, formally ending the Last War
The treaty recognized the nations of Aundair
, the Talenta Plains
, the Lhazaar Principalities
, the Mror Holds
, the Eldeen Reaches
, Darguun Regional Governments
, and Valenar
The former nation of Cyre
, the renegade territory of Droaam
, the wild lands of the Shadow Marches
, and the Demon Waste
were not represented in the Treaty. The Mournland
Amongst the provisions of the Treaty of Thronehold were:
- The emancipation of Warforged, whilst at the same time banning the creation of any new Warforged and outlawing the Cannith Creation Forges.
- Thaliost, a contested state between Aundair and Thrane was formally ceded to the latter. This hasn't helped quell the tensions between both sides.
- Certain acts were forbidden: for example, duels to the death in Aundair were outlawed.
- A multi-national military court was established for military criminals, which generally end in Dreadhold Prison. However, this tribunal has only recognition in name, since no country actually supports it.
- The boundaries of the remaining Five Nations were clearly established, according to their state at the end of the Last War: Aundair lost Thaliost and Thrane acquired it (as mentioned before), Karrnath lost some terrain to Aundair, Breland lost part of its vast territory to both Darguun Regional Governments and Droaam (even though they don't recognize the latter, and neither does any other territory), and Thrane got a few places which no one else wanted to have aside from Thaliost. Of course, this means Cyre effectively ceases to be a nation, with all of its refugees either staying within Brelish lands (in New Cyre) or thrown away anywhere.
A multinational treaty to end the last war.