Episode Forty-One - Treachery of Winter
Quest of Fate Continued, Mid-Season Encounter Lemlenson's Ambush Completed
Character(s) interacted with
Battled the Unseen, a shape-changing assassin order, Mind Flayer servants of Neveh, and devils of Neveh.
Notable Party Damage: (New Noted Section)
- Arion's shield, at the left most edge, is sheered off. In the defense of Iron Maiden, the portion of shield was cleved through by Than, the Last Titan of Urgrund. Arion has a missing link of chainmail on his right shoulder from the demon attack at the Fated Crossing. His helmet has a mildly noticeable patched portion where a crack once existed from the mind flayer attack. Under his helmet he has a small scar on the left side of the top of his head where the same mind flayer sucked out his brain.
Noted Effects: Minor Scar (Head). The scar doesn't have any adverse effect. Magical healing of 6th level or higher, such as heal and regenerate, removes the scar.
- Duryo's armor is dented and warped in places about his shoulders from falling rocks in the Tomb of the Witching Hour's Sage. He also has a large scar that runs from his right collar bone down to his left nipple. The wound that created when he was carved into by a mind flayer's lightening bolt before an epic last stand.
Noted Effects: Minor Scar (Chest). The scar doesn't have any adverse effect. Magical healing of 6th level or higher, such as heal and regenerate, removes the scar.
- Grumwish was hit firmly with a strike from a barbarian axe and it left a long fine gnarl on the chainmail on his back.
- Kelaryn has two mostly faded hand-print shaped bruises on her left arm. She has a Festering Wound from the stab of a spear that she received valiantly fighting an ice devil.
Noted Effects: Festering Wound. Your hit point maximum is reduced by 1 every 24 hours the wound persists. If your hit point maximum drops to 0, you die. The wound heals if you receive magical healing. Alternatively, someone can tend to the wound and make a DC 15 Wisdom (Medicine) check once every 24 hours. After ten successes, the wound heals. (One check has been completed.)
- Marlyn's ribs were broken when she was struck by a mind flayer's lightening bolt and unsaddled from her horse. In the same battle Marlyn was also whipped in the leg by the tail of an ice devil and it sliced so deeply into her foot that it separated both tendon and bone that it needed to be cut off.
Noted Effects: Broken Ribs. This has the same effect as Internal Injury above, except that the save DC is 10. (Whenever you attempt an action in combat, you must make a DC 15 Constitution saving throw. On a failed save, you lose your action and can't use reactions until the start of your next turn. The injury heals if you receive magical healing or if you spend ten days doing nothing but resting.)
Lose a Foot or Leg. Your speed on foot is halved, and you must use a cane or crutch to move unless you have a peg leg or other prosthesis. You fall prone after using the Dash action. You have disadvantage on Dexterity checks made to balance. Magic such as the regenerate spell can restore the lost appendage.