Twenty-two gods that started everything, but that are not here anymore- perhaps. Twenty-eight gods that will answer to your prayers, and sometimes will request them from you. And then, an untold number of ascended and heroes, once people of the world, now carved in the forever.
Mythology & Lore
The First GodsTwenty-two major gods, now only present in the material plane in the constellations in the sky:
- Nerwe, the first one to go where no one else did first, The Kindler;
- Bari, the one that saw things where no one else did, The Shaper;
- Sirmione, the one that kept things hidden, The Shadow;
- Varra, the one that saw worth in everything, The Caretaker;
- Sammi, the one that took what was there and called it theirs, The Ruler;
- Heremyn, the one that gave order and possibility, The Teacher;
- Q'wer, the one who loved everything a bit too much, The Rose;
- Chindra, the one that fights for victory, The Sword;
- Latull, the one that fights for what's fair, The Shield;
- Psiroh, the one who is alone, The Quiet;
- Rima, that understood everything a bit too late, The Fated;
- Magu, the one from who you cannot hide, The Overseer;
- Nimil, the one who stopped for too long, The Resting;
- Lemma, the one who pushed for change, The Revolutionary;
- Quareia, the one who puts a stop to everything, The Mediator;
- Io, the one who could never have enough, The Hoarder;
- Verre, the one who saw the truth, The Martyr;
- Ikko, the one who saw hope, The Reborn;
- Himm, the one who stayed hidden, The Fearful;
- Duinn, the one who brought the best out of everyone, The Actor;
- Mini'er, the one who put a stop to everything - at last, The Judge;
- Qingju, the last one to go, The Hopeful.
The Gods that came afterThese are the more important gods, that give patronage to clerics and paladins, as well as normal people who pray to them. They have different domains, and different ranks. Some gods are subordinated to others while sharing a domain, but embodying different aspects of it. While they have appearances that are defined, they can be represented as any race, and none are more correct than the other.
Death, Grave, Order, Love domainThe first gods to have appeared in the pantheon. They're a married couple that shares their divinity, and help each other governing the soul plane. Generally one of them takes a more active role, symbolized by them wearing a bone mask, while the other supports them. They are renown for the deep love they have for each other. Their sacred animals are carrion animals, and their symbol is two hands with fingers intertwined. Their main temple is in Shi, Tenea. Subordinate Gods:
- Duan'r, Grave domain. He's the god of mourning, and is the patron of graveyards and burial grounds in general. He's a very empathetic god, a well as a very misunderstood one due to his grim domain. His symbol is the ancient pictogram for a person paying their respects in front of a tomb (similar to this ね). His main temple is at the sea graveyard in front of the city of Incheon, Tenea.
- Exdes, Death domain. He is almost overwhelmingly represented as a young halfling teen, and he is venerated almost only by halflings, whom he favours and protects. Other devotees are young victims and survivors of wars. He's a god of grief and loss, as well as healing and belonging. He has a court of souls that aren't ready to pass on, and two of his guards are named, Cymr and Lei. He doesn't have a symbol nor a temple, but there are altars consacrated to him on old battlegrounds.
- Eonni, Love domain. If Innea'rin is a god of conjugal bliss, Eonni is a god of the more emotionally charged side of love, like jealousy, sacrifice, and heartbreak. She's the god of family (found families included), as well as the patron of wine brewers. She's also a god that favours big gestures of love, and a god popular with poets. Her symbol is a pair of scissors, and her main temple is in Dama, Lincumia.
- Ilmaghar, Order domain. They're the judge of the souls, and patron of judges and secretaries. They're known to be a workaholic and incredibly meticulous with their work. Fairness and protocol are of utmost importance for them, and following the law is paramount. Won't shy off accusing other gods if they slack off too much, and has even established a neutral council to judge them if necessary. Their symbol is the first letter of the celestial alphabet in a square, and their main temple -which of course doubles as a courtroom- is in Dafeng, Huangde.
Arcana, Knowledge domainA quiet and passive god that reigns over the two most important domains in Taranis. She's an excellent administrator, and bestows her favour quite freely if she sees potential in someone. She's very polite and full of goodwill, and her temples are always open, and serve as libraries. She's a mediator during times of tension between other gods. Her symbol is an open book with a circle drawn over the two pages. Her main temple is in Ne Mòirne, Onora. Subordinate gods:
- Zankhet, Peace and Knowledge domain. God of research and pursuit of knowledge, their goal is the betterment of the lives of the people, and rejects the use of technology in wars and to oppress others. They have facets that answer to different niches of their domains, and that sometimes are venerated as different gods:
- Zankhet Illimer, Knoweldge domain. She is the facet of pure knowledge, embracing magic as well as science.
- Zankhet Murain, Forge and Gear domain. He is a facet of applied knowledge, and favours nonmagical solutions to problems, or adding technology to magic.
- Zankhet Adras, Life and Knowledge domain. They're the facet of medical research especially, and their followers are taught to research both life magic and scientific cures to ailments, and they're especially renown and sought after as medics.
City, Protection domainWulend is the god of innovation and new opportunities. He welcomes anyone who wants to change their lives, and is the protector of refugees and the oppressed. His symbol is an open arched door. His main temple is in Lareanum, Orstad.
Life, Nature domainNuwa is a chaotic deity that actively rejects planning and loves surprises.They're wild, and they are a champion of evolution, and sometimes seem cruel, even though they care for effectively all living beings. It's more of a tough love relationship. Their symbol is a red wild chrysanthemum. Their main temple is on the northern mountain range in Dal Echil.
Strength, Forge domainBanzhen is a hotheaded and stubborn god, patron of metalwork and pursue of strength in all of its forms. This can mean physical strength, or mental strength. There are many monastic orders devoted to her, and pursuing true strength. Her symbol is a pan chang knot. Her main temple is in Kaihe, Vari.
War, Tempest domainGesier is the god of transient states. Everything passes, and some passages are necessary even if painful. Because of this, he's also considered a god of hope and moving on. His symbol is a small boat. His main temple is in Kordabaer, Skjeria.
Trickery, Ambition domainGita is a god that rewards cleverness and original thinking. She prefers half truths- lies are to be used to embellish stories. However, her mindset is a lot 'the end justifies the means', which ties in her ambition domain. Her symbol is a crown with the constellation of The Ruler etched at its centre. Her main temple is in Nening, Huzhou.
- Religious, Pantheon
Remove these ads. Join the Worldbuilders Guild