Tier 2 Spell (Average(d d) difficulty)
"The power of Christ compels you! The power of Christ compels you!"
The elderon are said to be the very embodiment of what they represent. So it makes sense that their cleric's holy attacks would be colored by their beliefs. This spell is imbued with the very core beliefs and principles of the Cleric's Elderon, and as such, each type has a different effect.
- Coraga: This spell weaponizes the desire for knowledge and truth, and uses it to dispel any and all illusions on the target, if said target fails an Average (dd) Discipline check. If this spell generates bbb, the target can no longer cast any illusion-based spells for a number of rounds equal to the caster's ranks in Knowledge.
- Wura: This spell fills the target with so much holy rage that they become consumed by it, clouding all sense of judgement for a number of rounds equal to the caster's ranks in Knowledge. If the target generates hh or d on their combat checks while in this state, they inflict damage on a random ally instead of a foe.
- Bayu: The target of this spell must make a Hard(ddd) Discipline check. If the check fails, the target becomes helplessly infatuated with a person of the caster's choice, if the person is compatible with their sexuality and within visual range. The target will no longer be able to attack this person. This effect lasts until the caster's next turn. If the check for this spell generates t, you may spend it to make the target so infatuated with anything, they cannot move until the spell wears off.
- Drogus: Unleashes a mighty dragon's roar with the Knockdown and Disorient qualities, the latter having a rating equal to the caster's ranks in Knowledge. This attack also deals Sonic damage. This cannot be used in a place where there is no atmosphere.
- Araque: This spell deals Wind damage and generates a wind gust strong enough to lift the target into the air, granting it the Ensnare quality equal to the caster's ranks in Knowledge. Anyone attacking the target gains bb, but the target is completely immune to Land damage. This cannot be used in a place with no atmosphere.
- Lycaros: This spell fills the target with the fear of prey being hunted, slowing their movements to a crawl. They are immobilized for a number of rounds equal to the caster's ranks in Knowledge.
- Mulus: Fills the target's veins with an enchanted toxin. If they fail a Hard(ddd) Resilience check, each turn, they suffer half the damage they took from this attack, for a number of rounds equal to the caster's ranks in Knowledge.
- Dalomon: This spell causes vines to erupt from the ground, dealing Plant damage with an Ensnare quality equal to the caster's ranks in Knowledge. This spell can only be cast in places that have exposed ground.
- Endiro: This spell overlays the target's senses with a world completely unlike the real one. As a result, they find themselves disoriented, and may walk straight into a wall. This attack gains the Disorient quality with a rating equal to the caster's ranks in Knowledge, and the target treats all movement as if it were difficult terrain.
Holy Strike does Divine damage to a target. Damage is calculated by adding the casters Willpower to the number of generated by the check. If the target is undead, or actively fights against the caster's patron elderon or their beleifs, then add +2 to the base damage instead of +1.
If the target is suffering some kind of mind control or unnatural infection, the caster may make a Hard (ddd) check. If successful, the infection is cured.
Holy Strike manifests as a beam of brilliant light the color of the caster's elderon. Some say if you lean in close, you can see into the heavens themselves. You will also set your hair on fire, so it's generally discouraged.
- Gestures & Ritual
- To cast Holy Strike, the caster must extend both arms outward while chanting "The power of [elderon] compells you!" three times, each time louder than the last, all while focusing on their elderon and what they represent, and channeling that energy into their hands.
- Related Discipline
- Divine Magic
- Effect Duration
- Effect Casting Time
- 1 Combat Maneuver and 1 Action (1 minute)
- short (range band)
- Characters need at least 1 rank in Divine to cast this spell
- Applied Restriction
- Characters need two arms to effectively cast Holy Strike. While it is possible to do it with only one arm, it becomes considerably more difficult, adding [genesisdice:setback][genesisdice:setback] to the check. If both arms are incapacitated, the spell cannot be cast.
Remove these ads. Join the Worldbuilders Guild