PERSONALITY IN A NUTSHELLEerie looking hunter with his equally eerie looking hound. His nonchalance might make him seem emotionally absent or insensitive sometimes. But for a person living on his own in the wild for as long as he knew, he retains polite manners. No one knows where he came from or where he's going, not even himself. He would show up with hunting related offers in exchange for goods. And when he has restocked himself, he disappears into the woods once again, much like the other men never seen again. But then, he seems like one of the very few that emerge from the forest seemingly unscathed.
PRIMARY TRAITSNonchalant and airy, sometimes it's like he's not fully there,
Mysterious, it's automatically what you become when you seemingly appear out of nowhere and can't answer where you originated from
UPBRINGINGHe does not remember any of it. But in the back of his mind, he knows that this rifle he has is his father's. And it is possibly a family heirloom or an extravagant gift, for the stock of the gun has gilded engravings of an elaborate symbol.
CAREERHe wanders about the wilderness and hunts for food. But would find towns or human settlements for other supplies, such as rifle ammo, better clothing, and heartier meals. He would trade his hunts or a helping hand for needed goods. Despite having no memory of his family and their business, he has his father's rifle and knows he was taught how to hunt. And when you wake up in the middle of a forest with a rifle in hand, you end up hunting for your survival. He wonders about his past but has no intension to seek it. He is content with wandering aimlessly in the vast wilderness.
BELIEFSHe believes in spirituality and the occult, mainly because he was vastly changed by one, and has come across a handful of other strange occurrences. Can't say they don't exist when you're not fully human anymore because of one.
- Tranquility - to live a life with minimal conflict or disturbance: He forgot where he came from and who he was, so he makes do with his equipment and lives the life of a wanderer, not really caring about where or how he ends up being
- Understanding - To seek knowledge or wisdom (spiritual, scientific, etc.): While having no memory of it, the event that caused his amnesia constantly plagues him at the back of his mind. This draws him to the vaesen subconsciously, and likely draws some vaesen to him. He wonders about these creature's incomprehensible motives, and wonders how much of him is truly human, since he knows something was left behind in him after that fateful event.
- Accomplishment most proud of: He's still alive (even though he doesn't think it matters too much if he died tomorrow)
- Most ashamed about: One time he lost his patience with an asshole and consciously wanted to harm him. As the jerk stressed him out more, he could feel the anger fueling the vaesen remnant to take over him and he starts losing grip on his consciousness. Part of him didn't want to hold it back, and soon it took over him. Later he woke up far away from where they were as if waking up from a nightmare that's quickly slipping from memory, catching hazy scenes of blood splattering.
- Fears more than anything: Hurting innocent people while unconscious. He never knows what happens when the vaesen takes over, and always wakes up a distance away from the incident. Frankly it's been an effective way of getting out of dangerous situations, but he can never find out how much direct and collateral damage he did.
- Secrets kept: The fact that he's not entirely human and his dog is a vaesen entirely.
- Last time they wept: He wept out of confusion, disorientation, and fear after waking up in the middle of the forest with a rifle in hand and no memory. Then he probably wept on occasions of exhaustion of living out in the wild on his own as he tried to adapt to his new life, and the first few times his vaesen took over again in threatening situations. Eventually he got used to his new life then accepted the fact he is no longer fully human. He doesn't think he has wept about much since then.
- Friends: None? Not sure if the people he met along the way would consider him friends, though some of them accept that he just looks oddly inhuman at certain angles, and can't doubt that he is a skilled hunter.
- Romance: None currently, can't remember previously. Unless you talk about his love of Steeve, his "dog", and their companionship in their aimless journey.
- Role Model: Looks up to people who can keep their cool in stressful situations.
MEMENTOHas a foggy memory of a young woman's voice speaking as she gave him the stone, hoping it will help with his health. Who was that woman and why did she think he needed it? He can't remember. But it does in fact help him calm himself and clears his mind of stress when he holds it in difficult situations, so in turn it keeps his vaesen at bay. It means a lot to him because it helps keep him human. Whatever the previous reason the woman gave it to him for no longer mattered, but it matters now because it helps him now.
ADVANTAGEOn some occasions it seems like he could channel his vaesen's unnatural power. It allows him to move through space quickly and effortlessly, but only in a small burst as the power is unstable. It feels as though he leaped through space, and allows him to very quickly put more distance between him and whatever he wants to get away from. This could make it easier for him to escape or reduce the chance of having to engage in close ranged combat.
EQUIPMENTRifle: has gilded engravings on it's stock. May or may not be affected by his vaesen's power when he is focused on his hunt. Most notable effect is sometimes it seems to shoot a muffled shot that severely disables large animals just with a single shot to the body.
Hunting dog: is a literal vaesen. It's name is Steeve. It just shifted it's shape to resemble more of a black hound and knows to look more normal if they are among humans
Hunting traps: He makes his own traps, but has some that are purchased from towns and people.
Bernard got a bit turned around and stuck in the swamp while he was traveling through it. Luckily Lottie found him and helped him get to town, all the while exchanging stories seeing their lifestyle is really similar. They enjoyed each other's company, and that understanding look in her eyes is a warmth he hasn't felt in quite a while.
Bernard being drawn to the forest, especially after hearing that strange occurrences happen there, meets Herman working there. He wishes that Herman would tell him more about the unnatural things that happens in the woods, but he enjoys the other Fairytales as well.
Towards Reverend Morris Behart
Towards Bernard Everly
The moment Morris saw Bernard, he did NOT like how odd he looks. Bernard did not want anything to do with him, less so after Morris insist that he should be cleansed from the devil and the occult. Bernard knows what's wrong with himself, and doesn't think a person who doesn't believe in the occult would be able to help him remove the vaesen remnant in him with Chirstian exorcisms. Bernard wishes to stay away from this man as much as possible, to save him from much grief, lest he triggers his vaesen.
SKILLSAgility (+ PHY): 2 + 4
Close combat (+ PHY): 0 + 4
Force (+ PHY): 1 + 4
Medicine (+ PRE): 1 + 5
Ranged combat (+ PRE): 3* + 5
Stealth (+ PRE): 2 + 5
Investigation (+ LOG): 0 + 2
Learning (+ LOG): 0 + 2
Vigilance (+ LOG): 1 + 2
Inspiration (+ EMP): 0 + 3
Manipulation (+ EMP): 1 + 2
Observation (+ EMP): 1 + 2
Advantage: Dash (increase chance of escaping or increase distance between PC and enemy while in combat [turns into ranged combat instead of melee])
BIG FIVE PERSONALITY TYPESWhat Are The Big 5 Personality Traits?
High traits are farther to the left whereas low traits are further to the right