My WorldEmber Pledge 2022
- If you have more than one world setting, which one is the most important to you right now? Why? While I have two worlds, Mirateia will likely be the one I'm focusing on as it's the most developed.
- Which area of that world setting will allow you to achieve your goals (Continuing your novel/campaign, or starting a new one?). That will likely be the Empire of Dercia
- How will it help you achieve those goals? It's the most developed part of the world so it will be the easiest part of further flesh out.
- Create a scope for your mini-meta! What is the area or topic your project will cover. If you did last week’s homework, you’ll already have defined your scope! The topic my project will cover is fleshing out some of the provinces in the Dercian Empire.
- Which themes do you want to include? How will you express them? This should be based on the main worldbuilding meta you’ve created for your world, but you might have specific themes you want to explore in this area. Thinking about including topics like mid to low-tier diplomatic relations between the provinces of the empire
- Finally, create the moooooood! If you have access to Whiteboards, use them to create mood boards with quotes, images, articles, and other inspirational stuff to help you out during WorldEmber. Otherwise, you can do the same thing in a worldbuilding article.
Loading Mirateia Whiteboard...
- Create or review your category tree. Check that all articles are in a category. All articles are in a category, at least all that are published, for the categories themself, I do plan to have the under categories be more fleshed out at some point in the future, maybe during WE if I have the time
- Create a tag system to organize your articles better. Don't use the tag system; I mostly used it during SC to ensure I got all the articles.
- Let us know if the homework has been helpful so far! Some homework is probably better suited for more "advanced" worlds than mine. Personally, I don't use all the features like BBCode and CSS, but all in all, I think it has been good.
- Look at your world’s style and layout and tweak it (or decide that it already looks amazing!). It could use some work, like a cover picture for the "homepage", but most of this is beyond my ability and patience.
- Collect visual resources for your world. You can add them to your Pledge Document to give the community a taste of what you’ll be working on