Session 1: Goblin Arrows!
Our story began in the seaside city of Tirian, where a dwarf named Gundren Rockseeker hired several guards to protect his caravan on the way to the small mining town of Phandalin. Gundren was more than a little secretive about the trip, saying only that he and his brothers had found "something big," and that he would ride ahead to Phandalin with his bodyguard, a human knight named Sildar Hallwinter. Members of the caravan included the halfling Weatherby, along with human sellswords Jolm and Silva, all residents of Phandalin returning from a trading trip to the big city. The additional help that Gundren hired were three fresh-faced adventurers:
- Coryn (the Empty-Handed), a human monk who had spent much of his life up to that point sailing the seas of Imminar;
- Malcolm Reynolds, a human wizard who had grown up an orphan on the streets of Tirian, surviving with the help of the Illusion school of magic;
- William Kornel, a human fighter, veteran of Palisana's army, looking for a place to put his skills to use.
- Adelaide, a tiefling cleric and wanderer of Imminar;
- Marcus Farengan, a human ranger and hunter hailing from the town of Blackroot to the east.