Church of Silvanus
The wilds of Nature rise.
There are many titles and ranks given to those who dedicate themselves to the Church of Silvanus. The following are the most well known titles of members within:
- Feywarden - The leader of the Church of Silvanus
- Sentinel Council - The five member council formed to aide the Feywarden in decision making, information gathering, and advisory
- Sage - Keepers of the histories and official membership of the Church
- Keeper - Leaders of individual Groves in various locations
- Oaken Protectorate - The trained militarized arm of the Church of Silvanus
Tenets of Faith
- Silvanus saw and balanced all, meting out wild water and drought, fire and ice, life and death.
- Hold your distance and take in the total situation, rather than latching on to the popular idea of what is best. All is in cycle, deftly and beautifully balanced. It is the duty of the devout to see this cycle and the sacred Balance as clearly as possible.
- Make others see the Balance and work against those that would disturb it.
- Watch, anticipate, and quietly manipulate.
- Resort to violence and open confrontation only when pressured by time or hostile action.
- Fight against the felling of forests, banish disease wherever you find it, defend the trees, and plant new flora wherever possible.
The Groves of Silvanus are collectively led by the Feywarden and their circle of Sentinels, a five member council, although many within the service have not seen them. The Feywarden opts to communicate to the followers of Silvanus by messages sent on the winds within the trees cultivated within the Groves. Within individual Groves however, each are led by a Keeper and the various acolytes beneath them.