May the winds of the Forest Father guide you.
Oak Father, Forest Father, Treefather
Nature: Animal, Plant, Protection, Renewal, and Water
Divine Symbols & Sigils
Tenets of Faith
- Silvanus saw and balanced all, meting out wild water and drought, fire and ice, life and death.
- Hold your distance and take in the total situation, rather than latching on to the popular idea of what is best. All is in cycle, deftly and beautifully balanced. It is the duty of the devout to see this cycle and the sacred Balance as clearly as possible.
- Make others see the Balance and work against those that would disturb it.
- Watch, anticipate, and quietly manipulate.
- Resort to violence and open confrontation only when pressured by time or hostile action.
- Fight against the felling of forests, banish disease wherever you find it, defend the trees, and plant new flora wherever possible.
General Physical Condition
Silvanus appears to mortals most commonly as a withered, timeworn, bearded man, usually levitating amongst scenes of nature, like trees, possibly springing from an old, large oak tree. As the Young Strider, however, he appears as a long-limbed young man covered in an armor made of oak leaves. He carries an enchanted maul hammer, "The Great Mallet of Silvanus", and mauls are his clergy's favored weapon.