Episode Eighty-eight - Lost in the Tomb of Horrors
Part OneThey knew what must be done, little choice was left. Raven hid under Arion's makeshift door covering and depressed all seven pins at once. The door fell open and then the entire group were escorted in. They all started searching the hall beyond and found it filled with humanoid figures holding spheres of different colors. As Arion tapped about the floor looking for pits, they realized that they must either take the portal at the end of the hall or turn back but Arion wasn't satisfied. He attempted to break the wall where the hall used to be and realized that the block sphere was an illusion. Testing also pale blue, silver, and gold, they found only gold to be an illusion. Arion then had Sol send in his familiar and found that it was just covering what had become a crawl space to a small room he'd visited before. Crawling in himself, Arion found a statue of a four armed gargoyle and took his old piton, which he'd left in the wall, out. Back in the hall, they had the owl fly in the black sphere but Sol lost contact with it. After sticking hand and a spear in to a depth of about two feet, they decided to enter as Sol cited the poem they'd found in the first hall. Sol offered only one thought, they they might need to try indigo instead as Raven offered that it should be green. Arion then entered and was not heard from. Several more followed him but Annabelle begged everyone to stop. Jorg, trusting Raven and professing his admiration for her, tried green and did not return from it. Still wrapped up in the puzzle, Sol convinced the rest of the party to go through black, grasping one another's legs as Jorg returned, naked. Jorg then refused to enter the hole and Raven went so far as to kiss Jorg to try and convince him in. He seemed to concede as she held his hands and looked into his eyes but they neglected but a single fact. As they all crawled in to the hole, Raven realized that Jorg's left hand was on her leg. As she tried to stop, halfway into the hole, she was sucked in and he let go. Having betrayed her trust, Jorg then allowed a single tear to flow. Knowing he could not complete the dungeon alone, he left and returned once more to the Deep Road Inn and Tavern. Evermore he thought of his last words to Raven, "I'm sorry, I can't" And so it was, on that day, Aefdarnsday 4th of the Horse, 12,011 CE at exactly 6:42:11 PM, Jorg let go of Raven's leg and the Champions of Destiny died.
Quest Vecna's Eye Continued, Sidequest An Eye for Traitors Continued, Sidequest Against the Order Continued, Subquest Tomb of Horrors Continued, Subquest Throne of Bone Continued, Subquest The Dragon Below Continued
Notable Party Damage:
- Aldrich has a horrible burn scar on the left side of his neck in front of the ear from an azure fire elemental summoned by Seldra Tylmarande. His armor and shield are extremely claw marked from many Lizardfolk. His shield has a large fist shaped dent in it from when he was crushed by a Sacred Statue.
Noted Effects: Horrible Scar (Neck). You are disfigured to the extent that the wound can't be easily concealed. You have disadvantage on Charisma (Persuasion) checks and advantage on Charisma (Intimidation) checks. Magical healing of 6th level or higher, such as heal and regenerate, removes the scar. Missing.
- Annabelle has a hole in her armor on her right abdomen from a kobold's arrow. She has a scar on her left abdomen from an attempted assassination. In a fight with hobgoblins she gained a large dent on her backplate from the sword of hobgoblin captain and three holes in her chest plate: one in the left shoulder, another above her right breast, and another on her left rib from the arrows of hobgoblin soldiers. Her armor is severely scarred from a battle with goblins outside Forlorn Hope.
Noted Effects: Minor Scar (Left Abdomen). The scar doesn’t have any adverse effect. Magical healing of 6th level or higher, such as heal and regenerate, removes the scar.
- Arion came from Arda with a scar that won't seem to heal. He has a dent in the back of his plate armor from a betrayer's blade. He has a dent on the lower backplate from a fight with hobgoblins as well as a stab in his upper left abdomen. His armor is severely scarred from a battle with goblins outside Forlorn Hope.
Noted Effects: Minor Scar (Head). The scar doesn't have any adverse effect. Magical healing of 6th level or higher, such as heal and regenerate, removes the scar.
- Raven has stress tears in her leather armor from a long fall.
Noted Effects: None
- Sol has a scar across his right jaw from a nail that was shot at him in an explosion.
Noted Effects: Horrible Scar (Right Jaw). You are disfigured to the extent that the wound can't be easily concealed. You have disadvantage on Charisma (Persuasion) checks and advantage on Charisma (Intimidation) checks. Magical healing of 6th level or higher, such as heal and regenerate, removes the scar. Dead.