The Pathfinder Legion was founded at the exploration, diplomatic, and military service of the Pathfinder's Circle. Even though each division is referred to as a numbered Legion, the plural is never used out of custom and to symbolize that all divisions are one.
August Legate or Grand Admiral
Commands 2 or more Legions
Legionary Legate or Admiral
Elected leader of 10 Cohorts.
Broad Band Tribune
Second in command of the legion
Narrow Band Tribunes
Five Narrow Band Tribunes serve as administrative officers for each legion.
Ship Prefect or Captan
This is the basic command structure under either a Prefect or a Captain.
Primary or Executive Officer
Second in command on a Ship.
Engineer Officer/Chief or Centurion (Engineering Department)
Auxiliary Systems (Aux Chosen)
Helix Controls (Drive Chosen)
Helix Laboratory (Labs Chosen)
Mechanical Systems (Mechs Chosen)
Power Systems (Lights Chosen)
- Auxiliary Systems (Aux Chosen)
Navigator or Navigation Chief/Centurion (Operations Department)
Communications Chosen (Communications Department)
Navigation Chosen (Navigation Department)
- Communications Chosen (Communications Department)
Weapons Officer/Chief or Centurion
Damage Control Chief or Chosen
Turret Control Chief or Chosen
Torpedo Chief or Chosen
Sensor Chief or Chosen
- Damage Control Chief or Chosen
Supply Officer/Chief or Centurion
Culinary Specialist (Cooks) Chosen
- Culinary Specialist (Cooks) Chosen
Security Chief/Guard Commander or Centurion (Security Department)
Decurion or Wing Commander (If is has fighters)
- Decurion or Wing Commander (If is has fighters)
Medical Chief (Medical Department)
- Engineer Officer/Chief or Centurion (Engineering Department)
Elected Leader of a Station, Outpost, or Camp, which is what the Pathfider's call a diplomatic mission.
Centurion or Chief
The elected leader of up to ten decades or working groups.
Each Chief has one Chosen Officer for ever 50 members of the crew under their command.
Decanus or Dean
The Voice of Ten. The Dean is elected from their working group of ten.
- Decanus or Dean
They work as a second to the Chosen.
Decurion or Wing Commander
Leader of ten to thirty fighter pilots.
- Centurion or Chief
- Primary or Executive Officer
- Narrow Band Tribunes
- Broad Band Tribune
- Legionary Legate or Admiral
The Pathfinder Legion is an anarchistic organization that uses rank and title only structural reasons and facilitate communications with outside organizations.
LegionnairesLegionnaires specialize their education in the department of interest that best suits their talents. Several academies provide a free education to those who pass the entrance exams and declare their intent on joining the legion after graduation. Ship assignments are allocated through a balance of request and need in the fleet, but attempts are made the keep group who work well together and desire to continue their association assigned to the same ship.
The ChosensThe package they receive for their assignment includes the service record of the others in their department. Before the ships commission date, they vote for their three top candidates for the office of Chosen, also called chief who will work as the facilitator and commanding officer of the department. In this and all subsequent votes, they legionnaires are not allowed to vote for themselves.
The CenturionsFrom among the top echelon of candidates from the chosen ballet, they review the service records of their fellow candidates and voted for their top three candidates for the rank of Centurion, who are also called Chief. The centurions then chose the chosen from the candidates in their department.
The Captains/PrefectsThe Centurions repeat the process and nominate three candidates for either the captain of the ship or the prefect of the station. The captain/prefect have the right to chose their own Primary or Executive Officer.
The TribunesSeven Tribunes are elected from the Captains and Prefects who chose among themselves who will hold the office of Broad Band Tribune and the Legionary Legate or Admiral while the five remaining take the office of Narrow Band Tribune. In times of trouble, a August Legate or Grand Admiral may be elected to coordinate the activity of two or more Admirals.
The Legion is the public face of the Pathfinder Circle. Their primary mission is to map the galaxy and make contact with the worlds and civilizations who survived the The Dark Nova and bring them either into alliance with or membership of the Circle. They are also a research fleet, seeking to study the cosmos and learn from those they encounter. Most of the encounters with them are on patrol on the borders of Circle space and the barrens.
The Pathfinder's Circle was founded in 32 AN after the Vanguard convinced the Shenkar, the Muru, the Qemma, the Eqqu, the Saagrand, the Rikon, and the Errashi to accept the Pathfinder Covenant. The First Legion was born with the signing of the Covenant when the interstellar navies of the seven founding worlds were merged together.
The Cardinal Mandate of the Pathfinder's Legion in Service of the Circle
- Violence it the last refuge of the desperate and those who lack the creativity and ingenuity, and is only justified when all other recourse have been exhausted. Amity and compassion must govern the actions of all those who serve the Circle in the Legion.
- The possessions of others belong to them and neither the Circle nor the Legion that serves it have the right to claim territory, infringe on the sovereignty, or take of their possessions, technology, or knowledge without permission. Generosity to share in our surplus and renunciation of any pretended claim to what is not ours to posses should guide the Legion and its Legionnaires.
- Respect for all sexes, gender identifies, gender expressions, and sexualities; and respect for the bodily autonomy of all in the service and all who the legion and legionnaires encounter are vital to the order of the legion and relations with all others.Contentment and respect of the faithfulness of others should guide all those who serve the Circle and the Legion.
- Falsehood is the poison that corrupts all relations and damages the work in process and when done. Honesty, openness, and dependability are our bulwark against the end of all things
- Presence of mind and taking responsibility for our actions are the cornerstones of all actions. Remember always, security and safety are the right of all beings throughout the cosmos.
- Good conduct in keeping with the values and morals of the Circle is the only merit for which one should be held in office. Valor, loyalty, and charisma are due earn is service of the legion and Circle, but they do not merit promotion before good moral character and competence must always be first in the mind and heart on the day of decision and every day after. Should a defect be found in any office holder, they must return from their office and other take their place.
- The first duty and highest mission of the legion to seek out those scattered in the wilds of the barrens, to foster good relations with them, the expand the knowledge and wisdom of the Circle, and stand strong against the adversity that may arise in the performance of their duties.