The ASC CodeOur code is the heart of who we are as a group.
Building worlds. Building community. Building up people.Our adherence to the code shows our character.
The ASC Code
Our purpose is to help our fellow World Anvil streamers and producers. We grow together and have power in unity.
We support, coordinate, promote, raid each other on twitch (if you stream there or whatever your platform allows), etc. If you overlap with someone - raid or do a stream together sometime.
- We're a team. We support each other.
- We are kind, polite, and respectful of others.
- We don't speak badly of our members or other broadcasters.
- We don't do things to take away viewers from others.
- We mentor newbies and welcome them.
- We advertise for the network.
- We respect our viewers. It’s one thing to have, say, a political opinion--quite another to put viewers down because they disagree, or to sexually harass someone. Harassment has no place in our community.
- Streaming makes us public figures, so we keep that in mind when we speak.
- World Anvil is the heart and lynchpin of our existence as streamers, so we consider this in how we represent them. They have listened to us and graciously allowed us a chapter like group, a fan community of sorts. We can't speak for them or overide their business interests.
- We follow our platform's Rules of Etiquette.
FAQSince we are a chapter-like fan group of streamers and broadcasters under World Anvil (WA) but not a part of the World Anvil business, here are some guidelines.
Guidelines for Posting Events to the ASC Calendar and WA ServerA few cases have been brought to ASC's attention where people are streaming non-World Anvil topics and software and posting it here on the WA server. Since we are a fan group of WA and yet some wish to stream non-WA topics, here is a summary that includes guidance we received from WA. We will not restrict what you can stream, just what gets posted on the ASC Network calendar, the WA server, and promoted by WA. If people repeatedly post streams to the WA server and ASC calendar that aren't WA related (as defined below), we will remove them from the ASC membership roster and their streamer role on the WA server will be removed. We are guests on WA’s server and need to respect that they need to preserve WA interests. 1. Since this is WA's server, we can only post WA related streams to the WA server (the #anvil-streams channel, or anywhere else). ASC will follow this rule for the calendar. So our requirements have tightened. 2. By WA related streams we mean working on your world with WA, using WA for your writing*, making a map for your WA world**, art related to WA, the occasional RPG game based on a WA world, etc. * Since WA now includes writing software, please don't use other software in your streams for writing. If you use Scrivener for writing your book related to your WA world, but want to stream it there are two options.
Ultimately, it is up to you to grow your audience.These are the expectations we need to follow for any ASC Network events posted to the calendar or shared on the WA server. For now your member profile can contain any non-ASC Network events. Directions for setting up multiple calendars are on the How to Create Your ASC Member Profile page. As stated in point 3 - we will have a secondary calendar. But the calendar system as a whole is being re-looked at. We'll have the secondary calendar or calendars soon. Here's what we expect that to look like.