Nevmas are humanoids who are descended from creatures of the positive energy plane, such as a Shuryan. Vivacious and outgoing, Nevma tend to relish the pleasures of life, the company of fellows, and the sights of the world.
Physical DescriptionNevmas can be of any humanoid parentage, and thus there is a broad variation in their size, body shape and features. They tend to be taller and more solidly built than their mortal kin. They have more vibrantly colored skin, which can appear to glow softly in dim light. Their hair is often lightly colored, and more likely to be thick and curly. They are less prone to scarring than their fellows, and also tend to be slightly taller and more hairy. Some have eyes that shine visibly with a pale, white light.
Alignment and Philosophy...
Naming TraditionsNevma born into societies typically have names reflective of their societal norms. Many will receive (or adopt) nicknams and honorifics that reference their unique appearance or strange powers.
Racial Traits (8 RP)
- Ability Score Modifiers: Nevmas are vibrant and vigorous, but not particularly observant. They gain +2 Constitution, +2 Charisma, and –2 Wisdom.
- Type: Nevmas are outsiders with the native subtype.
- Size: Nevmas are Medium creatures and thus receive no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Base Speed: Nevmas have a base speed of 30 feet.
- Languages: Nevmas begin play speaking Common and Lumin. Nevmas with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Aquan, Auran, Ignan, Necril, Terran, and any two regional languages. See the Languages of Temnia page for more information about these languages.
- Luminous Spirit (2 RP): Nevma gain a +2 racial bonus on saves versus spells with the light descriptor.
- Divine Mark (0 RP): Nevma who gain access to one or more Cleric domains must choose the glory domain (or any glory subdomain) as one of their domains.
- Luminessence (Su, 1 RP): Nevmas can channel surplus life energy through their skin as a glowing light. As a swift action, Nevma can channel temporary hit points to generate bright light in a radius of five feet per hit point channelled. This light lingers for one minute. This effect is equivilant to a 1st level spell for purposes of determining how it interacts with darkness effects.
- Spell-Like Ability: Nevmas can use cure light wounds 1/day as a spell-like ability (DC 11 + the nevma's Charisma modifier; caster level equals the nevma's total level).
- Darkvision: Nevmas can see perfectly in the dark up to 60 feet.
- Life Affinity: Nevma sorcerers with the elemental (positive energy) bloodline treat their Charisma score as 2 points higher for all sorcerer spells and class abilities. Nevma spellcasters with the Glory domain use their domain powers and spells at +1 caster level.
Alternate Racial TraitsThe following alternate racial traits may be selected in place of one or more of the standard racial traits above. Consult your GM before selecting any of these new options.
- Hard Light Aegis: Nevma with this racial trait can channel excess life essence to a barrier of hardened light. Channelling temporary hit points in this manner grants the nevma a +1 shield bonus to AC, and lasts for one round per hit point channeled. This trait replaces Luminessence.
- Light Eater: Whenever a nevma succeeds in a saving throw against a spell with the light descriptor, he gains temporary hit points equal to the level of the spell. These temporary hit points last for one hour. This trait replaces the spell-like ability trait.
- Luminous Vitality: An nevma with this racial trait gains fast healing 2 for 1 round anytime he is subject to magical healing. The nevma can heal up to 2 hit points per level per day with this ability, after which it ceases to function. This racial trait replaces life affinity.
- Mostly Human: A few nevmas have appearances much closer to those of their human ancestors; in fact, they may not even realize their true race. Such geniekin appear to be human, save perhaps minor features like unusual eye color, and they count as humanoid (human) as well as outsider (native) for all purposes (such as humanoid-affecting spells such as charm person or enlarge person). These geniekin do not automatically gain their associated elemental language (but may select it as a bonus language if their Intelligence is high enough). This ability alters the geniekin’s type, subtype, and languages.