Alton Shadow Council
This was inspired by the World Anvil Summer Camp of 2021: An Old or Ancient Organization Which Still Casts a Shadow
The Alton Shadow Council is a secretive and powerful organization that is believed to be the true rulers of Glow City. The council is made up of the remnants of the population of Alton City and a group of immortals of various types. They exist to prevent advanced technology from falling into the wrong hands and to protect the status of the hidden population of undead within Glow City. The council is said to be composed of powerful figures, including sorcerers, politicians, and other influential individuals who have the power to shape the city's future. They are known to be elusive and mysterious, and their true identities and agendas are shrouded in secrecy. They are said to meet in secret underground chambers beneath the city, where they make important decisions that affect the fate of the entire city. The council is also said to be the true leaders of the Church of the Glow, and they use their influence to shape the city's religious and spiritual beliefs. It is said that the Order of the Void serves to enforce the will of the council from the background of the Church of the Glow. The council's existence is debated by many, and only a small group of people have actually witnessed them.
STRUCTUREBelow the leaders, there are likely to be different departments or committees that are responsible for specific areas of the council's operations. These could include:
- Intelligence and Surveillance Department: responsible for gathering information about the city and its inhabitants, as well as monitoring the activities of other organizations and individuals.
- Technology and Magic Department: responsible for researching and developing advanced technology and magic that can be used to protect the city and its inhabitants.
- Security Department: responsible for maintaining the council's secrecy, as well as ensuring the safety of the city's inhabitants and the council's members.
- Religion and Propaganda Department: responsible for shaping the city's religious and spiritual beliefs, and for spreading the council's message to the city's inhabitants.
- Diplomatic and Trade Department: responsible for maintaining relations with other organizations, cities, and nations, as well as overseeing trade and commerce within the city.