A vast archipelago, so named for the lights that burn bright along its shores each night, this cluster of islands is deceivingly large. It houses Caido's busiest port, famed for its shipmakers, fishermen... and smugglers. Beyond the coast, ships dropping anchor can make trade with the merfolk, or merely admire their shimmering city deep below.
- The people are referred to as Torchers.
- Homes in Haulani are vibrantly painted.
- There are magical canals that run through most of Torchline, allowing access for the mermaids.
- It never snows here.
- Torchline is a 'large' size area
- If you are an Outlander and/or portal into this region, you will arrive near the Kaiholo Port board
- Torchline is a region that has an established leader. Your character may live here, regardless of species.
What's it like in Torchline?
- Torchline boasts a tropical climate. During Flowerbirth they experience devastating monsoons.
- The most lawless of all the cities in Caido, with many underground economies.
- The biggest‘ currency’ in Torchline is done by favors, so choose yours wisely.
- Bonfires for almost any occasion, get together on the beach with alcohol and food.
- For food, fish is plentiful. Ramphire meat used much like beef - made into jerky and steaks etc, chicken/fowl farmers and cattle farmers perhaps spread out.
- Homes are Mediterranean style (like villas), stucco/brick style, painted or left pale bc sunlight, mosaic tiles for designs, large windows, low pitch tiled roofing.
- Funeral traditions include sending bodies out on boats into the ocena, which are lit on fire.
Regional Quest Upgrades
- A series of canals runs through Torchline which allows merfolk the ability to reach most boards. Created by Safrin, the canals always sparkle with starlight
- During Monsoon Season, Torchline's beaches are shielded by a wall of stars. It does not provide absolute protection, but keeps damages and flood to a minimum
- The Fountain outside the Court of the Stars possesses Mastered-Level healing waters (these waters do not work on ascended). If bottled, this water can be used to heal while in Torchline. Once removed from Torchline's borders, it becomes regular water.
- Fortis Patera Constellation | If activated by a member of the TL council, the star gate can target 1 60ft sphere anywhere within TL. Protects those within for 2 posts. Requires a 5 post cooldown between uses. Must be deactivated by two members of the council./li]
Fauna & Flora
With a climate and flora/fauna similar to a tropical island, Torchline boasts some of Caido's most diverse flora/fauna. The beaches are littered with arecaceae (palm) plants of all varieties. Tropical fish can be found in the waters, as can dolphins, turtles, sharks, barracudas, and whales. Massive dragon-like lizards prowl the shores, sharing the sands with crabs, gulls, sealions, snakes, and monkeys. Bioluminescent algae make the beaches sparkle as if starlit at night. Closer to the ocean, you’ll find sea turtles, seagulls, dolphins, iguanas, and seals. Whales like orcas, sperm whales, and humpback whales. Tropical fish found in coral reefs, and sharks. More inland you’ll find mongoose, fire ants, tailless whip scorpions, macaws of all varieties, tree frogs, toucans, flying foxes, fruit bats, the odd sprinkling of cattle, geese, chicken.