What was once a stable northern plain has been reduced to a glacial desert by a long forgotten magical disaster. The Tundra is vast and lonely, hosting only a few scattered remnants of its former nomadic tribes. Inhabited almost entirely by hostile carnivores (including ursurs, frost giants and wolves), few venture through this region except to get to the Citadel - a bastion of civilisation in the wasteland.
- The people are referred to as Halovians
- Communication is difficult between Halo and the rest of Caido for obvious reasons. Messages take a great deal of time to reach the Citadel, carried on the wings of ravens or (very rarely) delivered by couriers on horseback. That isn't to say trade is impossible, however.
- Most food is rudimentary and is stored frozen. Given the cold temperatures, food is easily stored in crude refrigerators.
- Halo is a largely uninhabited land because of its dangerous wildlife and treacherous climate.
- The only location where Mageglass can be found.
- The seasonal spirit Eirachi can be found here.
- Over the years Halovians have had to appeal to her for help, and that help always came with the caveat that the land would become more and more hers, so every time they needed protection or help for famine, or invaders, or whatever else, it got colder and colder, until they’re at the point they are now, where it never really warms up or defrosts anymore
- Halo is a region that has an established leader. Your character may live here, regardless of species
- If you are an Outlander and/or portal into this region, you will arrive near the Fangs board
What's it like in Halo?
Regional Quest Upgrades
- The Citadel is protected against the worst of the Deepfrost cold, and those who live there are able to venture outside all season. (Note: This does not make the Citadel "warm", it merely makes it as cold as the rest of the time).
- A large, domed greenhouse exists within the Citadel walls, allowing citizens to grow crops that would otherwise never survive in these icy climes.
- Solar Beam | If activated by a member of Halo's council (including appointed positions), the solar cannon can target 1 30ft sphere anywhere within the Citadel. Does 100pts of light/fire damage to anyone within the sphere. Requires a 5 post cooldown between uses, and a 1-post 'charge up' prior to use.
Fauna & Flora
A variety of animals that thrive well in cold climates can be found here (arctic types, such as reindeer, moose, polar bears, wolves, salmon, whales like orcas and humpbacks, seagulls, ravens, eagles, seals, arctic shrews, arctic hares, and arctic foxes.)
The Fangs - a perilous mountain range in the Tundra - is rich with a diamond coloquially known as Mageglass. This mineral can greatly amplify the magical power of any Abandoned who wields it, and it is considered a rare and valuable export of Halo.