Telepath (Typhon Psychocratis)
Large aberration (typhon), lawful evil
Armor Class 17 (Tower of ID)
Hit Points 216 ( 18d10+36 )
Saving Throws Intelligence +7, Wisdom +6, and Charisma +6.
Skills Arcana +7, Deception +6, Insight +6, Perception +6, Persuasion +6, and Stealth +4.
Damage Resistances acid, cold, fire, lightning, thunder; bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing from nonmagical attacks
Damage Immunities charmed, exhaustion, grappled, paralyzed, petrified, poisoned, prone, restrained
Condition Immunities prone
Senses darkvision 120ft, and passive Perception 16.
Languages Deep Speech, Undercommon & Telepathy 120ft.
Challenge 10 (5,900 XP)
Spellcasting (psionics). The telepath can psionically manifest spells as a 10th-level wizard. Its spellcasting ability is Intelligence (save DC 15, +7 to hit with spell attacks). The telepath has the following wizard spells prepared:
Cantrips (at will): blade ward, dancing lights, mage hand, shocking grasp
- 1st level (4 slots): detect magic, disguise self, shield, sleep
- 2nd level (3 slots): blur, invisibility, ray of enfeeblement
- 3rd level (3 slots): clairvoyance, lightning bolt, sending
- 4th level (3 slots): confusion, hallucinatory terrain
- 5th level (2 slots): telekinesis, wall of force
At will: Psionics.
The telepath's innate psionic ability is Intelligence (Spell Save DC 15). It can innately manifest the following spells, requiring no components.
- detect thoughts
- dominate monster, explosive (as the dominate monster spell but if the telepath still lives at the end of the spells duration, the targets head explodes in a blood and bone 5 foot sphere of gore that does 3d6 piercing damage)
- plane shift (Self Only).
- Aura: Pyschoshock. Any creature that hits the telepath takes 5 lightning damage. The range of this aura is 30 feet. This aura also imposes Disadvantage on initiative roles of all hostile creatures in the same aura as they feel a weight on their minds which is distracting.
- Legendary Resistance (1/Day). The telepath can pass a saving throw it would have otherwise failed.
- Incorporeal Movement. The telepath can move through other creatures and objects as if they were difficult terrain. It takes 5 (1d10) force damage if it ends its turn inside an object.
- Magic Resistance. The telepath has Advantage on saving throws against spells and other magical effects.
- Gatling Mind. The telepath uses mind bullets three times.
- Mind Bullets. Melee Weapon Attack: +7 To Hit ( 1d20+7 ), Range 120 ft, One Creature. Hit: 9 ( 1d10+4 ) psychic damage.
- Tentacles. Melee Weapon Attack: +7 To Hit ( 1d20+7 ), Reach 10 ft, One Creature. Hit: 15 ( 2d10+4 ) psychic damage. If the target is Large or smaller, it is grappled (Escape DC 15) and must succeed on a DC 15 Intelligence saving throw or be stunned until this grapple ends.
- Extract Brain. Melee Weapon Attack: +7 To Hit ( 1d20+7 ), reach 5ft, One Incapacitated humanoid grappled by the telepath. Hit: 55 (10D10) piercing damage. If this damage reduces the target to 0 hit points, the telepath kills the target by extracting and devouring its brain. This grants the telepath another use of its Legendary Resistance trait.
- Mind Blast (Timer 1d4). The telepath psionically manifests psychic energy in a 60-foot cone. Each creature in that area must succeed on a DC 15 Intelligence saving throw or take 22 ( 4d8+4 ) psychic damage and be stunned for 1 minute. A creature can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success.
- Enslave (3/Day). The telepath targets one creature it can see within 30 feet of it. The target must succeed on a DC 15 Wisdom saving throw or be magically charmed by the telepath until the telepath dies or until it is on a different plane of existence from the target. The charmed target is under the telepath's control and can't take reactions, and the telepath and the target can communicate telepathically with each other over any distance. Whenever the charmed target takes damage, the target can repeat the saving throw. On a success, the effect ends. No more than once every 24 hours, the target can also repeat the saving throw when it is at least 1 mile away from the telepath. This enslavement also affects intelligent constructs (such as robots and androids) where it is permanent as the telepath rewrites the robot's code. The construct can be restored if re-programmed again.
The telepath can take 3 legendary actions, choosing from the options below. Only one legendary action option can be used at a time and only at the end of another creature's turn. The telepath regains spent legendary actions at the start of its turn.
- Manifest. The telepath manifests an available psionic power of its choice.
- Flexible Tactics. The telepath makes one tentacle or mind bullet attack.
- Psychic Drain. One creature charmed by the telepath takes 10 ( 3d6 ) psychic damage, and the telepath regains hit points equal to the damage the creature takes.
Like other Typhon, Telepaths are composed of a shifting mass of black tendrils. They are amorphous in shape, with their tendrils hanging down and overlapping each other. A glowing purple-white orb in the front of the Telepath appears to serve as an eye.