Trap Making Mechanic
Trap Making is creating traps, grenades, or anything else clever that you want to annoy or destroy your enemies with. This includes, pit traps, caltrops, snares, smoke bombs, or pressure traps. To make a trap, it requires three things, container/carrier, trigger, and an optional potion or poison. The container can be a vial of smoke, or spikes, or barbs. The trigger is either a physical mechanism or an enchantment. The poison or potion can either be part of the container or added to the carrier. The damage is determined by the Crafting roll used to make the trap. Knowledge of Tactics influences Trap usage. If Knowledge of Tactics is not known, character will take DEX-5 to any roll using a trap.
Difficulty Check Results
In Rhunec results of a skill check have different results depending on the DC, or difficulty check, that is passed. So if you roll a 13, the result will be Apprentice level, since the DC of 10 was passed but the DC of 15 for Adept was not achieved.
|Novice||DC is 0||-1 to item properties||0% Price|
|Apprentice||DC is 5||+0 to item properties||50% Price|
|Adept||DC is 10||+1 to item properties||100% Price|
|Expert||DC is 15||+2 to item properties||150% Price|
|Master||DC is 20||+3 to item properties||200% Price|
- Dragon: Instant trigger, as soon as the glass hits something
- Wolf: Continuous activation, as soon as the carrier leaves your hand
- Snake: Proximity trigger, as soon as something gets near it.
- Kraken: Sticky, will stick to a surface and then trigger.
- Crow: Clones! As soon as it’s thrown, the grenade clones and covers a wider area.
- Tortoise: Slow and sneaky activation, less noticeable, ramps up over time.